PDA

View Full Version : OUCH !

mps007
02-18-2003, 09:34
Some knucklehead trying to get out of a snow bank in an intersection , revs his car in reverse breaks free ,comes back 20' & slams square into my front end.

GOOD thing for the Westin push bar - Took all the heat - Only bent the lower cross bar & shifted my bumper a little bit. If that was'nton there I would have been screwed!

BKColeman
02-18-2003, 09:57
That does suck. Sorry to hear it.

I almost got hit over by a DOT truck yesterday. He was plowing a turning lane and started backing up, right into a 4 lane highway. I don't guess he realized where his rear end was, but that is one of the few vehicles on the road bigger than mine. I sure didn't want to get hit by it. :rolleyes:

bearman
02-18-2003, 10:31
My truck got hit last Monday while parked in front of my house. Some dumb broad drove rite into it, destroyed driver side box side. $3000 damage. That plasticc sure explodes on contact when cold :rolleyes:
Cheers
Bear

Diesel_Lawyer
02-18-2003, 10:43
I accidently backed into a tree while plowing, doing 1-2 mph I would guess. Bumper and sheet metal all ****ed up. I am sure it will cost $1000. I can't believe the trucks are not built to take a minor collision on the bumper. Other than that I love my D/A CC 2002 long bed.

britannic
02-18-2003, 10:59
A friend of mine slid into my K35 M1028 CUCV military f/s pickup on a slush covered curve; I only had a bent rear bumper which I straightened out using a winch, but he totally trashed his Dodge Dakota to the tune of $8500.

He was carrying a quad which ran into the back of his cab, further exacerbating the damage! I had to use my truck to pull the front of his bumper off the front wheel, so he could at least drive home.

He just couldn't believe how much damage he had compared to mine, considering the airbags didn't deploy on the Dodge and he was only doing about 9-11 mph when he hit.

mackin
02-18-2003, 21:21
Diesel_Lawyer

Isn't the tree owner gonna pay for planting it in your way?? ;) Failure to grant easement,blocking view or some technicality or neglect ?? tongue.gif

J/K hard to resist with your forum name......

MAC :D :D :D

Diesel_Lawyer
02-19-2003, 10:06
Mackin:

I was going to sue the tree but it has no insurance and has no assets...hell right now it doesn't even have leaves! I would love to make firewood out of it but my wife is a card carrying tree hugger.....I am still amazed that the tree does not even have a scratch but the bumper and some sheet metal are toast.

ChevysRus
02-19-2003, 12:23
LOL ha ha ha "a clean lawyer joke" Ya gotta love this guy!!!

Good one there Diesel_Lawyer, by the way, hopefully that name is not your "speciality" LOL smile.gif