PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with the color of your Duramax powered truck?

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 17:43
What color trucks do you guys have and are you happy with them?

I seemed to have the hardest time trying to decide between dark grey, pewter, and red. I ended up ordering the pewter colored truck and now i keep kicking myself in the a$$ because I think I may have got the wrong color. :D

I liked the dark grey but I personally thought it had to much of a flat green tint to it in low light conditions. The red was just TOO red.. lol. I don't know.. Maybe I am just to picky.. I thought that making the decision to buy the truck would be the hardest btu in all actuality that was the easy part.. All I had to do was drive one. :D

What about the rest of you? Are you happy with your decision?

Do any of you have pictures of your pewter trucks I can look at with some aftermarket stuff installed?

I have a bunch of stuff I plan on doing to the truck.. I just need some more $$$ :mad:

Thanks guys..

Chris

FisHn2DMax
02-16-2003, 18:01
You're in the exact same spot I was back in September waiting for my new 03 to arrive. Boy was I second guessing everything I ordered, especially the color. To be honest, GM colors are very lacking!!!! I Went with Pewter as well. I really was looking for a two tone like the 1/2 tons offer. But after looking at White, Arrival Blue and Red ( my initial top choices) on the new 03's, I kept coming back to Pewter. I also loved the look of the Black, but it's impossible to keep clean. I actually would go down to the dealer twice a day to look at the colors at different times of the day and night. In the END the Pewter was my choice.

Now that I've had the Pewter for few months, I love it! Looks clean even at times it's not. Great overall color! The only problem is, everyone else seems to have this color? I swear 50% of the GM trucks are Pewter around my neck of the woods. All chrome or black accessories seem to work well on Pewter. I still think GM should offer two tones and more color combinations on the HD's, like FORD offers!

If you have an E-mail address, I'll send you a picture of my truck with a few toys on it.

Don't worry, you'll love the Pewter!

smile.gif

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 18:17
Hi there FisHn, Nice to meet you and thanks for your reply. You are right about the GM colors lacking. I can think of several colors that would most likely boost the GM HD truck sales.

I would love to see photos of your truck man.

You can email me at Xristob@aol.com

Put My Duramax or something catchy like that in the subject line.

Are members here allowed to post photos from their photo host on a thread with IMG commands?

Thanks again..

Chris

DIESEL/VETTE
02-16-2003, 18:22
I went back and forth between pewter and dark grey for 6 months, and ordered the dark grey because pewter is like butts, every body has one, i've had mine for one week now and the dark grey is beautiful, very very happy. & with dark grey interior. you may be able to change your color if it is not to late. :D

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 18:27
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yer killn me!!!!!!! :D

I actually tried to change the color 2 weeks ago but they said to late.. :( Yes I was going to change it to the dark grey.. the problem I was having is that I originally ordered the grey and then I changed it to pewter 2 weeks later.. Another week went by and I wanted to change it to grey again but they said to late! :mad:

Only way I can get a different color now is if I tell them that I dont want that color and make them order me another truck but then they have to hang on to my deposit until they sell the truck that I had originally ordered. I guess thats why I am asking you guys here and asking for photos. :D

My truck is scheduled to be here on March 11th and they told me it may get here a week sooner than that.. It was built this past week in the truck and bus plant in Flint Michigan.

sigh..... decisions decisions.... :(

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 18:30
I originally ordered a grey x cab short bed like yours DIESEL/VETTE but then I changed it to the crew cab.. Then crew cab grey.. Then crew cab Pewter.. tried to change it to grey again and they said NO!!! lol..

Now I am thinking that the crew cab is a LONG A$$$$ mofo and im gonna have trouble parking this thing everywhere I go.. lol :D

rtquig
02-16-2003, 18:31
I went with the pewter before I realized half the country has it, but I still like it a lot. Once I got my wife the Indigo Blue Surburban, I wish I had ordered that color. No regrets, but next time different color.

mdrag
02-16-2003, 18:32
Topic transferred to 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum.

mdrag

ON EDIT:

Duramaxerado,

I have the rare light pewter ;) , and despite seeing it everywhere - I would buy it again in a heart beat. It is the easiest color to keep looking good - it always looks clean even when dirty. Also noticably cooler in the OK heat...

My sig has multiple pics of my 2001 3500 D/A.

[ 02-16-2003: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

NWDmax
02-16-2003, 18:49
I love the dark gray but didn't really have a choice since I bought it used with 12500 miles.The wife and I really like the color in and out and buying it for less than 30 grand was cool too.
Don't 2nd guess yourself too much cause you are going to love this truck!! :D
Blake

HDLD
02-16-2003, 19:33
I had a 2000 Silverado 1500 2-tone black/pewter and was hoping to go 2-tone again for the 2500HD but without that, didn't want all black and was ready for a change. I used to keep the black well maintained but wasn't looking forward to putting in those hours again so went 180

KISMIF
02-16-2003, 19:42
Don't worry you will learn to park the CC pretty quick. I will admit I stayed with the short bed. :D

My 03 GMC is Marine Blue and I love the color!

-KISMIF

Paintdude
02-16-2003, 20:00
Black and LUV it..I have been trading every 2 years since 1994 and finnally I got a black truck(planning on keeping this truck awhile) and just love it..Black is so timeless..Most of my other trucks were light colors..

mackin
02-16-2003, 20:08
Black .....Nothing finer then a shinny BLACK truck......Pewter... :rolleyes: Are you getting an 03?? Take a look at the Metal Flake Gray is it Carbon something or the other ?? Never have I seen more flake in a stock color.....Just don't hit anything or be hit may rank right up there with pearl white to match on a repaint.....

MAC :D :D :D

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 21:15
:(

I really do not know what to do at this point.

I really wished they offered more colors.

Mackin, the dark grey metalic has not changed between 2001 and 2003. It is beautiful bot not as dark or as rich as I would like it to be.

I have seen some tahoes in dark grey metalic and I wished that they offered the same dark grey on the silverados but they dont.

What can I possibly do at this point? My truck is ordered and will be here in about 2 weeks. If I decide to back out and have them order me another one, it will take about 4-5 more weeks. :( unless I can maybe find a dealer around who has the same exact truck in a different color and see if they will do a swap for me. :confused:

Do you really not like the pewter? My only problem with it is that there are so damn many of them around but they are easy to keep clean.

I am in the automobile colission repair industry and I can assure you that if my truck ever got scratched or damaged, I have a couple of the best painters in the local industry who will take care of it for me and that also goes with any body damage. :D

I need a bumper sticker that says "If you crash in to me, I will jump out of the truck with my gun and shoot you" :D :D :D

Where can I find some pics of some pewter trucks that have a shell, stainless nerf bars, tinted windows, wheels, and different tires??

Those are some of the cosmetic things that I will do to the truck shortly after getting it and I would like to see how it would look before I comit to it.

Its still not to late to back out!!

thanks.

Chris

hawkeye43
02-16-2003, 21:21
if pewter is like butts, everyone has one. then i am looking very hard and like what i see. they may even be better than s.., not but close

Maxter
02-16-2003, 21:51
Mine is "Dark Toreador Red Metallic", #051 I think. See my photo album. Is that color available in the states? So far, I haven't seen anyone with that color.

Didn't really choose, my dealer exchanged it with another dealer.

[ 02-16-2003: Message edited by: Maxter ]</p>

Curt Kovacs
02-16-2003, 22:00
I take delivery tomorrow of my light pewter just like on the home page. Here in Arizona it is the right color as it is the color of our dust.

FisHn2DMax
02-16-2003, 22:48
Duramaxerado,

Don't blow a gasket worrying about it! Pewter will be fine! I'm e-mailing you a picture of my Pewter 03 GMC with a few upgrades ( since then added a few more.) Just like you , I tried to change/cancel my order because I thought I went with the wrong color and I wanted to go with the new Carbon metallic ( NEw in 03) which has a lot more metal flake than the previous GM Dark grey. However, I would have lost my deposit and now that I have the Light Pewter, I'm glad I stayed with it! I can park this CC short box in any parking lot with no problem! I could'nt do that with my Ford CC SB. You'll love your truck, so relax and spend your time planning and deciding which toys put on it.

Picture on the way.....

Relax Man! smile.gif

Coldfront
02-16-2003, 23:02
Don't worry about the crew cab It's long but I love it!!! Real nice if you have people with you. If not lots of storage easy access and lockable. I was goin to get an extendacab but the brother in law talked me out of it he was trdin his x-cab on a crew cab.Hate to admit he was right again. I also like the arrival blue after I ordered it I wanted to change to green. was told too late. When I saw the electric blue I was shocked. But it grows on ya.Differant in differant light.Great truck!!!! jim

motovet
02-17-2003, 00:42
I am not really one to give advise on this subject because I too have a tough time making choices. But I SHOULD have learned by now that it is wise to go with your first choice,(except for the first girl...for most of us that would have been disasterous). I had the pewter and it was a great color to maintain, even dirty it looked ok. I now have the "old grey" and like it also though it is a bit more work. Either color will be nice you will just have to add stuff to it (especially the pewter), to stand out from the crowd. Good luck.

mackin
02-17-2003, 06:37
"Carbon metallic ( NEw in 03) which has a lot more metal flake than the previous GM Dark grey."

Yup thats the color......It does look sweet....Seen one for the first time a few weeks back ,member here, from CT......Not sure if he has any PICS up.....

MAC :D :D :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
02-17-2003, 07:42
Guys, :rolleyes:

The ONLY Color worth getting is RED!!! :D :D

Ya all know it, ya just can't admit it :eek: LOL!!!

Seriously though, I like Red, Mac likes Black, to each there own!!!

No matter what it's a Duramax!!!!

GMC ;)

GMC D-Max
02-17-2003, 08:12
'nuther vote for BLACK. Nothing looks quite as good as a big, shiny, black truck!
:D

noviceowner
02-17-2003, 09:17
Here's another green truck. It had everything I needed and was on the lot. I love the pewter and the new gray and would have been happy with either of those as well. I have found that this truck looks almost black in some lights and a much lighter gmc "polo" green in other kinds of light. Only problem with that is that I'm going to speedliner the bed and would have had that done in the truck color, but it's impossible to match it's changing hues. Glad I thought of that. Can you imagine a light green bedliner in an almost black looking truck? EWWWWWW.... :eek: So I will stick to the black liner.

03 2500HD CC SB D/A

BKColeman
02-17-2003, 09:26
I've got the Dark Carbon Metallic on my '03. It was either that or Pewter as the only choices I would consider. But the dealership had over 60 D/A's on the lot, almost exactly half were Pewter, about the same ratio as on the road around here. They didn't even have a Carbon one there, but one was on the truck coming in. I made the deal sight unseen, but have been very happy with it.

IMHO, it looks as sharp as black when clean. But because of the metallicness of the paint, doesn't show swirls and spots as much when freshly washed.

I've got a few pictures of mine from the day I brought it home at http://www.pbase.com/bkcoleman/truck.

But if it were me and I was going to have to cancel my order to change colors, I think I would be smiling real big while driving my new Pewter truck and not giving it a second thought.

conradv
02-17-2003, 10:46
Mine is the best color of course, Metallic Polo Green. Looks almost black in the morning and at night.

Dmaxin
02-17-2003, 11:41
I love my 03 in the crabon metalic. If you take your time and and use a good quality polish and wax you can really bring out the metalic flakes in the paint. I get nothing but complaments on the color. If i had to do it over again it would be between black and the color i have. And would probably go with carbon because it is a little easier to keep clean.

mdrag
02-17-2003, 12:58
Duramaxerado,

Check the BIG WHEELS link in my sig for many pics of a 'plain Jane' tongue.gif light pewter truck. I have a few of the items you mentioned, but no cap.

Don't sweat the color choice - the Dmax will make you :D no matter the color...

Good luck.

[ 02-17-2003: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

FisHn2DMax
02-17-2003, 15:24
So far here is the list of colors reported in this forum:

Pewter = 8
Dark Gry/Carbon metallic = 5
Black = 3
Blue = 2
Green = 2
Red = 1
Drk. Red = 1
White = 0 ???
It appears the Pewter and Dark Gray are by far the most popular GM HD colors.

There's got to be some White colored truck owners out there?
tongue.gif

[ 02-17-2003: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]

[ 02-17-2003: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]</p>

HDLD
02-17-2003, 15:53
There is a new white 1500 GMC down the street from me. I believe it's 2-tone with grey highlighting and looks very nice. The trim really sets if off. It's not a bright white, not sure of the exact color.

We have a bunch of white 2002 D/A's at work. The lighter colors look best when accessorized, I think.

I remember reading a number of years ago that white vehicles have the lowest accident rate. Not sure how that played out statistically or how it compares to today or more importantly, to trucks!

roegs
02-17-2003, 17:59
I've been laying in the weeds watching this thread, and hoping some white owners would come out of hiding. I just ordered an '03 Sierra 2500HD D/A that will be white with neutral interior. Some folks tell me I'm boring and that only utility / fleet trucks are white. Well...I've owned a number of white vehicles, and to me, I still like them the best. White is very easy to keep clean, is cool in the summer, and spots in easy in the event (hopefully not) that I need any body work done. My last K2500 was pewter, and looked sharp. Lots of pewter trucks driving around though...

I'd be interested to hear from any other owners with the neutral (beige) interior. Seems most interiors now are grey. Don't get me wrong, I like the grey, but I've had grey on my last 3 vehicles, and just needed a change of pace.

FisHn2DMax
02-17-2003, 18:36
Roegs,

You have no reason to be hiding in the weeds! White is a great color! I too love White trucks and light interiors. When you "chrome up" a White truck, they can really look sharp! I have the light leather interior in my new Pewter truck and it looks very rich, especially with the wood dash/door kit. I would have a white DuraMax in the garage right now, but the 03 GMC with that new painted lower front air dam looked too big in white, so I opted for the Pewter. I was hoping for a White two tone truck with Pewter on the bottom, but GM doesn't offer it HD's and it would have cost another $1200 after market to do it?

Sounds like you're going to have a really nice looking truck!!! :D

hogbody
02-17-2003, 19:15
I've got a white crew cab with the light tan leather interior and I love it. One of these days I may paint the lower part a color that matches my new trailer....when I buy it. I've thought about taking all that vinyl colored trim stuff off the trailer when I by it and just go white on white on that two.

GM's color selection is lousy. I've had three lt. blue quasar trucks and a med. blue quasar chevelle. Like the color but they don't do anything in light colors on the HD other that the pewter and white.

God Bless those that are serving in the Military.

Larry LOVE MY TRUCK 2003 DM/CC/ALL/LT

Crew Chief
02-18-2003, 06:09
I ordered the Summit White with dark Grey interior. It took some convincing to get the wife to agree but she caved in. I told her "Just think if we get in a traffic jam, just slap a flashing yellow light on the roof and drive down the shoulder"!
I chose white becuase it's the only natural color offered and the resale is better. I also have the added benefit of natural snow camo.

Steve

Mike Fultz
02-18-2003, 12:24
When I strated shopping for mine in November, I wanted any color than white. It seemed around Washington DC, Whit trucks are in big demand. I decided to DX a Blue truck, then I saw a blue truck and a Pewter truck side by side on the highway. The blue showed dirt way too easy for me. I choose the Pewter, even dirty it looks clean. This time next year GM will have another color thats all the rage.

wild bore
02-18-2003, 13:05
Mike,you`re right,there are way too many white trucks around here. I also wanted any color but white, my last two trucks were that color.

I was leaning towards the green, but ended up with pewter, no problem, I like it.
smile.gif

Mike, where do you live?

FisHn2DMax
02-18-2003, 13:38
Color of trucks Summary:

So far here is the list of colors reported in this forum:

Pewter = 10
Dark Gry/Carbon metallic = 5
Black = 3
White = 3
Blue = 2
Green = 2
Red = 1
Drk. Red = 1

:eek:

SoCalDMAX
02-18-2003, 14:47
Duramaxerado,

Yer killin me!! :rolleyes: LOL

While I thought about 2wd or 4wd, auto or manual trans for a few minutes... you're agonizing over the COLOR??? You change your mind more than my ex. LOL :rolleyes:

I picked the dark grey because it would probably hide dirt the best, it does. When I do get around to waxing it, it looks very deep, rich, colorful. That metallic really looks great.. oops, sorry. ;)

More importantly, I enjoy driving it, as I'm sure you do as well.

Regards, Steve

zsqure
02-18-2003, 16:49
I have the Dark Carmine (red). Should have, would have, could have where do I start. Any color but a dark one and red is out...had 2 and the colors turned 2 differnt shades of red. Had 2 blacks and the looked great but they started showing their age quickly. The best color that I have had has been white but that doggone raildust was in the paint and every 2 to 3 weeks I had to wax the goofy thing or it would look like it had the chicken pox. I had a pewter 2002 on order but when the special financing first came out in the fall of '01 I went out and bought the closest thing on the lot. You can't see the outside when your on the inside and I'm always on the inside. :D

Duramaxerado
02-18-2003, 18:45
just so you guys know, I am 26 years old, single / live alone, homeowner, ect...

This is the biggest purchase I have ever made other than my house and your da*n straight I am going to have a hard time choosing the color!!!\

I will not buy another new vehicle for at least 10 years.. This truck is it for me. I will keep it and it will last. The last new vehicle I bought was in 95 (ZR2 x cab s10 loaded) and I still have it.. I buy them to keep them and I plan on keeping this one a long time. I know the truck is right.. Now I just have to make sure the color is right also.

Yes I am picky..

Sorry to sound like a jerk but you guys seem to think I am worse than a woman or somethign when making up my mind. I had no problem choosing the truck I wanted and its options but I never thought the color would be this big of an issue. Either way I will be happy I am sure..

BTW, the new carbon metalic is a beautiful color!!!

svpdiesel
02-18-2003, 18:47
I saw the carbon metallic in the sun, and was completely hooked. Ordered mine that color immediately, before they figured out how good it was and took it off the option list...Don't care what it looks like any other time- when its clean and in the sun, there's nothing like it!

GlenM
02-18-2003, 18:52
I love the color of mine, sunset orange. I'm just not sure how I feel about the truck. See my "Dmax leaves me stranded again" post.

Duramaxerado
02-18-2003, 19:05
I read that Glen.. Damn im sorry man..

I sure hope you get that thing figured out bro..

I personally would have a chat with the General Manager at the dealer and see if they can understand your troubles and see what they can do to put you in another new duramax so you can avoid future potential problems. You very well could have got a lemon truck ( 1 out of 1000 maybe) and maybe the dealer will work a special deal with you to get you in another truck due to your many troubles. I would definitely at least contact someone about it though man..

good luck. :(

DMAXDiva
02-18-2003, 19:21
Gotta put another vote in for BLACK...luv it! :cool: :cool: :cool:

DMD

NCalDMax
02-18-2003, 21:38
Log another Black truck LOL.

Color is such a subjective thing (of course). To each his own. My previous color was a dark red (Garnet I think), I liked it too.

To keep any dark colored truck lookin' good it's gotta stay clean. Most of us know a white or lighter shaded (Pewter e.g.) vehicle can get much dirtier without "showing it".

Some of us use our trucks in situations (Farming, ranching, construction) where dirt, mud, dust, etc. get on 'em constantly....trying to keep a darker color looking good in those situations is quite a challenge.

I sympathize with the "agony" of color choice. What I do with all such choices is just pick the thing that appeals to me the most and then FORGET ABOUT THE DECISION...second-guessing yourself leads to misery IMHO.

My two cents.

:D :D

TxDoc
02-18-2003, 22:40
I had a black MB and it was hand-washed and waxed often. Washed every week and waxed every 3-4 weeks. No matter how clean, it showed dust, pollen and road grime.

I bought a white truck in 1997 and stuck with white on my 2003. White doesn't show scratches like other colors, it is cooler in the 100+ degree Texas heat, doesn't show dirt or dust and is a more visible color for possible better chance of being seen.

Below is an article on safety vs color

http://www.aaafoundation.org/resources/index.cfm?button=carcolor

Car Color and Safety

White Paper

Need

A frequently asked question of Foundation staff is "What is the safest car color?" Psychological studies show that color has an effect on behavior, and there are other studies about color and conspicuity, but there are no studies examining the impact of car color on crash rates.

"Colors can create conditions that can cause fatigue, increase stress, decrease visual perception, damage eyesight, increase possible worker errors, and negatively affect orientation and safety" (www.colormatters.com). Studies examining traditional color psychology find blue is relaxing and red increases heart rate and blood pressure. Color affects mood and people make purchasing decisions based on color. However, it seems unlikely that a person who dislikes the color orange, for example, would purposely crash into an orange vehicle.

General studies have also been done to show the most visible colors for day and night; however, there are no studies directly addressing the relationship between car color (conspicuity) and crashes among passenger vehicles. The study below discusses colors for fire fighting equipment, and presumably it would have some relevance for passenger cars too:

It is noted that the color red, used for fire fighting equipment, is one of the least visible of vehicle colors. Optometrists note that, for its high visibility, lime yellow should be used by fire and rescue teams, as well as favored by trucks and car buyers. Lime yellow falls in the middle of the color spectrum (Schuman 1991).

Several Web sites focus on color and solicit opinions; as one might expect, the general public has many theories on color psychology. One Web site, Color Matters (www.colormatters.com), discusses the effect that color has on the mind and body. Visitors can pose questions and leave comments:

I once owned a 1980 "sand-beige" ford escort

Jelisfc
02-18-2003, 22:54
As soon as I saw a carbon metallic truck I was hooked. No guessing here when I ordered mine. smile.gif

AKDmax
02-18-2003, 23:53
Get the grey! Call, stop the presses, hold your order over. haha, I had the same problem but it didn't take long after looking at the colors on the lot. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the LACK of paint on these vehicles. Is it just paper thin on the grey, or are all the same. Not sure where the fellas that say it's easy to keep a grey truck clean drive, but I haven't found that to be true. Come on, you need to pull it out of the driveway to get it dirty...Who cares, that's what soap and water is for. Wait till you park in a lot and can't figure out which Pewker truck is yours. Drive it, enjoy it, and get it repainted grey after the paint falls off in a few years. Enjoy!

FisHn2DMax
02-19-2003, 00:53
Color of trucks Summary:
So far here is the list of colors reported in this thread:

Pewter = 10
Dark Gry/Carbon metalic = 9
Black = 5
White = 4
Blue = 2
Green = 2
Drk. Red = 2
Red = 1

Pewter prepare to slide over, the new 03 carbon metalic color appears to be the new color of choice?
:D

TexasMax
02-19-2003, 08:00
Black

GMC D-Max
02-19-2003, 08:29
I agree on the thickness (or lack thereof) of the paint. If you look at it too hard it'll chip. Now, there's something to be said for reduced durability with too much mil thickness in a coating, but I think GM skimped on the amount of paint they put on our trucks. I'd at least like to see a clearcoat on top of the solid colors (the metallics should already have it).

hoot
02-19-2003, 08:37
After almost two years of ownership, overall I'm happy with the paint. Some minor chipping but the good thing is it doesn't flake or peel anywhere.

GM paint will hold up a good 8-10 years if maintained before it starts losing it's luster. The clear coat is a real help.

roegs
02-19-2003, 09:43
TxDoc...I was looking at the photo's of your truck, as its the same colors that I have on order. The seat covers look great...where did you get them?

502_Jimmy
02-19-2003, 10:48
Mine is Forest Green Metallic but mine's only a 6.0L :(
Dads is Summit White his is the duramax

He wishes his was the green color. I told him we could trade :D

John

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: 502_Jimmy ]</p>

jjackson
02-19-2003, 12:57
Dark Carmine Red Met.

John

chuntag95
02-19-2003, 14:44
I got the Pewter because of temperatures in the summer. I did look at the dark gray as well. I had black and she looked good for the entire 5 seconds she was clean after a wash. You could also fry eggs in the summer. Cab temps over 150 :eek: My only problem is what color is pewter? It is a dull silvery gray if you look at the actual metal. My truck looks brown or gray depending on the light. I like it when it looks gray and not as much when it looks brown.
My father in law got white. His last 4 trucks have been silver GM diesels. He was a bit miffed about not having a silver color option. I also wish there were more non metalic colors. Touchup is almost impossible and the bottle GM sent me isn't even close. :(

deerhunter7
02-19-2003, 17:14
I went with Indigo Blue and I've seen plenty off them . With so few color choices you are going to see plenty others matter what color you pick.I like the blue but like black it shows the dirt. ;)

AbqGeorge
02-19-2003, 21:08
When you live in the desert..... WHITE

is the only way to go. 10-20 degrees cooler just sitting in the sun.

Kinda ticks me off though.... my WHITE 2001 6.0L gasser had these really nice black accents down the sides of the doors. They made 'em WHITE on the '03. Yuk!

mowser
02-19-2003, 21:32
I have a Silver 2002 3500LT ext. cab 4x4 Chevy D/A. It's an option on my order (TGK Solid,Special Paint)through fleet purchase which I asked for and got. I'd sure like to know if anyone else has this combination, because I've never seen another one like mine. :D

Trippin
02-19-2003, 23:31
Arrival Blue!

Maverick
02-20-2003, 23:52
Both(2) of my trucks are WHITE! tongue.gif

Tsckey
02-21-2003, 00:40
For me it has to be eyeball searing RED. I waited 7 extra months for my truck just so I could get that color. And no, sanity does not run in my family.
TC

FisHn2DMax
02-21-2003, 01:07
Color of trucks Summary:

So far here is the list of colors reported in this thread:

Pewter = 11
Dark Gry/Carbon metalic = 9
White = 8
Black = 6
Blue = 4
Green = 3
Drk. Red = 3
Red = 2
S.O. Orange = 1
S.O. Silver = 1

S.O. = Special factory order

:eek:

Roadawg
02-21-2003, 02:52
"...BLACK..."

RATDOC
02-21-2003, 05:03
another BLACK one on the way!!
Tom

huntindog
02-21-2003, 06:09
I'm amazed that this subject is so popular!
Buy what you want.

AlanL
02-21-2003, 08:21
Arrival Blue...

With chrome tube step bar and polished aluminum diamond plate over the rail toolbox.

The light metal and blue look great together.

RVGuy
02-21-2003, 08:22
Other than red, but only on a sports car, the best looking color for any vehicle, in my opinion is BLACK. It also the hardest to care for, I know.

But there is nothing that looks better than a freshly washed, waxed, chrome polished and wheels cleaned and polished...black Silverado crew cab truck with DMax emblems on the side. Especially when that Megs 4" chrome exhaust tip is freshly cleaned and polished.

But it looks so good, you hate to take it out on the road. Which is the other thing I love about this truck.....driving it with a Hot Juice.

What a delimma!!!! I believe I'll pop another cool one, grab a rag and detailing spray and polish on it some more.
:D ;) :D

addicted to coffee
02-22-2003, 13:20
I agree with GMC D-Max. The paint is a bit thin.

I had a bud (who owns a body shop) put three coats of emron clear over the top. I should not have watched him though. The first thing he did was wet sand the shiney part off my brand new pickup. I felt every bit as if it were my own hide being scraped. You get this screwy feeling up your spine...

Now, of course, I'm really glad I did it. Off through the brush without a thought.

chevmeister
02-22-2003, 16:19
Duramaxerado Have no fear just bite your lip and sign on the line. Im 22, married with two kids and my D Max is my third new vehicle (Im not to bright and broke) I had a 99 C/K Z71 loaded now I have my wife's Impala LS and my Dmax and yes both trucks were and are Pewter, had to go silver in the Impala cause they didnt make Pewter and my wife would have killed me if i sent it to the paint booth. She wolnt even let me supercharge it! :confused: I am going to do some vinyl work to the Dmax to break it up some but Pewter is the way to go. I know I couldnt have been wrong twice........ then again I do have two kids....... Hmmmm..... Maybe you shouldnt be listening to me, Let the pics speak for themselves

DMAXTODD
02-23-2003, 01:34
I am happy with the burgandy (dark red).I did,nt have much of a choice though I was looking for a reg. cab Try finding on of those in Nov.00!! Todd.

VaDmax2003
02-23-2003, 20:17
Love my light pewter one!

Duramaxerado
02-24-2003, 20:29
Pewter it is fellas.. :D

thats what I originaly ordered and its gonna be here in 2 weeks. I don't think I could stand to wait another 6-7 weeks to order another truck how I want it in a different color.

man i cant wait!!

thanks for all the replies.. this seemed to be a popular thread.