PDA

View Full Version : Electric brake wiring harness ?

LA DMAX
02-16-2003, 11:31
Quick question on connecting the wiring harness we got in the glove box of trucks. I searched for some tips and found that the 40 amp fuse goes under the hood in the fuse center top left "stud 1" location. From one of mdrag's posts I get that the harness plugs into the fuse panel by the drivers left foot but I don't know exactly which ports. I have a 2002. I need to tow a buddies 12000# trailer because his suburban is overheating and the trailer is equiped with electric brakes. Need to leave soon so any help ASAP is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LA DMAX

oyazi
02-16-2003, 12:56
Suggest you do a search on the subj. And look for posts by odoh. He was asking precisely the same question. IF my forgetter isn't fooling me, I'm thinking it was the 2nd socket/receptacle from the top left corner of the panel. I could be wrong. I paid attn at the time because I've an 02 also and the veterans seemed to talk all around the issue but couldn't specifically ans the question. Odoh came back and posted the specific location. I doubt if he would remember now either but at least it was documented in the archive. The diagram in the manual is not proportional and leaves room for miss interpretation.

ON EDIT: Did the search and thankfully my forgetter is getting worse ;) It was indeed 2nd from left: http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003425&p=

[ 02-16-2003: Message edited by: oyazi ]</p>

LA DMAX
02-16-2003, 20:24
oyazi, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I did a search before but didn't use those specific key words so I didn't find odoh's posts. Thanks again.

LA DMAX smile.gif