PDA

View Full Version : 2003 DMAX CLUTCH NOISE

cday
11-21-2005, 02:09
The clutch on my 2003 2500hd started making a nocking noise when taking off this started 2 days ago, now when depressing the clutch it makes a growling noise sounds like a throw out bearing to me. Anyone else had this problem? This is very discouraging my truck only has 45000 miles. I bought it with the manual transmission thinking i would have less trouble, seems that may not be the case.

Thanks

madmatt
11-21-2005, 07:35
sounds like your ready for your FIRST ;) new flywheel.

cday
11-21-2005, 08:25
Seems kinda quick for the flywheel to be wore out. How long will it last as it is and will it hurt anything else? I don't know what it cost but i am sure it is out of my budget.

thanks

madmatt
11-21-2005, 10:09
I've got one customer who needs one about every 18K-20K miles. It can damage your clutch and make your truck run rough and miss.

He runs a big flatbed trailer around and leaves the flywheel alone untill his truck starts to run bad then brings it in. Next time we're putting in one of the updated versions that is supposed to eliminate this.

Where did you buy it? It may be able to be goodwilled through the right dealer. If no luck w/ your nearest dealer email me @ mattwoertz@msn.com and I'll see if I can get you some help from another dealer not to far(Corydon) from you.