PDA

View Full Version : anyone using Hypertech?

Timberline
03-09-2004, 17:30
I would like to know if anyone is using the Hypertech programmer? Does it work well and did it increase or decrease mileage?

Sandaholic
03-10-2004, 08:34
I have been using the Hypertech programmer for a few months now. I went with larger tires so I need a way to recalibrate my speedo. The hypertech was the cheapest way to do that and get a little more power. I have it set on power level 1 (out of 3) and I notice more power then stock. I don't have any gauges so I would rather not push it with level 2 or 3. For the price, there is nothing out there that can touch it. For performance and features there are alot better units out there. I can not really answer your question about fuel mileage, when I added the hypertech, I also added the tires, and probably a heaver foot.

Timberline
03-10-2004, 15:35
Thanks for the info, I am probably going to go with it since it will also read the codes. I totally understand the heavy foot and I am sure my foot will have the same problem.

Sandaholic
03-14-2004, 09:01
I don't believe the hypertech reads codes. If I remember correctly it is the superchip and predator that can be used as a code reader