PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler Neck TSB

Commuter Cop
03-08-2004, 15:48
While surfing the web I stumbled upon a GM TSB (dated 01-04) that is supposed to address the small size of the fuel filler neck for the Duramax and how it doesn't accomodate the larger truck nozzles. Anyone ever heard of this TSB? ;)

[ 03-09-2004, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Commuter Cop ]

LA DMAX
03-08-2004, 21:42
Cop,
I haven't heard of it but I'd like the bigger filler neck. I have seen in some stations that the big rig nozzles pay more for diesel and the smaller nozzles pay a several cents less. It would be good to have an option, and with the bigger filler neck you have it. Sometimes I feel weird filling up next to a VW and all the CTD's are filling up at the big pumps, but oh well. Thanks for the info.

LA DMAX

mark45678
03-11-2004, 13:13
GOOD news guys My 2004 with a lly has a filler neck the will take a 1" filler with the ring on the end of the filler! my 2001 wouldnt take this at all! they did something diffent ,last night I filled it a the truck pump on HIGH fill rate and it clicked off at 22 gallons after about 2 mins. of filling! My 01 I would have to hold it and nurse it in ,the 1" filler wouldnt even fit in the neck! I would guess you could order just the filler neck off a 04 and correct your problem with the older trucks!!! 2004 duramax lly crew cab 4x4 2500 miles to dated and getting 17+mpg on winter blend!!! :D

DmaxMaverick
03-11-2004, 13:59
It would be nice to find they are backward compatible, and not too costly *dreaming*

Transferflow has nice products. I just don't like their attempt to recover their R&D expenses on one sale.

jjackson
06-21-2004, 04:10
Has anyone had an opportunity to follow up on mark45678's comments that the '04 filler neck is larger than the 01-03's, and whether the 04' neck can be adapted to the previous model year's..? I know that Transfer Flow makes one, but was hoping this would work on the older models and be less expensive.?

John

norskeman
06-24-2004, 16:45
This is what I got from GMC when I inquired about the TSB:

Thank you for contacting the GMC Customer Assistance Center. I appreciate receiving your recent email and for giving us the opportunity to assist you with your inquiry regarding your 2004 GMC Sierra. I understand that you are having difficulty when filling the fuel tank on you 2004 GMC Sierra at high volume diesel pumps. I also understand that you would like to know if you it would be possible for you to order parts from a GMC dealership to address this concern.

I sincerely apologize for the fuel tank concern that you are experiencing with your 2004 GMC Sierra.

We again sincerely apologize, but we are unable to provide the support you requested. All vehicles released from the assembly plant are inspected to ensure they comply with government specifications, as well as standards established by the Engineering Department. GMC does not recommend modifying a car or truck after it has left the assembly plant. Changes may adversely affect the vehicle and possibly result in operational problems. This could result in the warranty voiding of specific items covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Due to the nature of your recent comments as indicated in your e-mail regarding your vehicle concerns me. I understand this can be an inconvenience and frustrating and would like the opportunity to assist you further. Since you have provided your telephone number and based on the nature of your concern, I will be following up this e-mail with a telephone call in an attempt to provide a timely resolution. If I fail to reach you, please contact me toll free at 1-866-952-4368 ext. 58195. I am available Monday through Friday from 6 a.m.-2:15 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.

I have documented your concern with the Customer Assistance Center. Your request number is 1-228949316. Please refer to this number when contacting the Customer Assistance Center.

Thank you again for contacting GMC. I look forward to talking with you soon!

2004 GMC 2500HD Ext. Cab, Long Box ,Duramax (LB7)/Allison; GMC bed liner;Air Lift Super Duty air bags; Michelin LT265/75-R16 LTX M/S ; Luverne Running boards; Bilstein shocks; Delvac 1300; Isspro gauges; Racor frame mount fuel pre-filter; Transynd transmission fluid

jjackson
06-28-2004, 04:09
norskeman, thanks for the info. I would certainly be interested in any positive information/response you might receive regarding this issue.

John