PDA

View Full Version : Allison leaking oil....?

dmaxster
02-12-2003, 21:50
well guys.....not sure on this one...yet...but the old NSBU switch went out on me over the weekend....and replaced it last night....now i looked to see if it was leaking fluid.....no go.....so happy i was when done and it worked...I erased all codes....and now tonight i had it in the garage....and noticed some tranny fluid on the floor.......so I started to check it out....the bottom of the tranny was wet in fluid....but I don't if being in 3rd gear may have forced some fluid out of the vent....or not....it maybe all it is.....but I wiped everything down and will see tomorrow night if it is still leaking....just wondering if anyone else has had this.....thanks dmaxster :eek:

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: dmaxster ]</p>

Burner
02-14-2003, 14:47
Dmax,

Had the same problem on my 02' Alli. If the thing gets too hot or has more pressure than it desires... the vent will release a little. ;)

I pulled 13k about 15 miles in 4x4 mode. That did it for me. Really scared the heck out of me! I did not speed (72mph) and kept an eye on my guages. It was not until I stopped that I realized the truck was in 4x4 mode. ----- I really wish the "DASH" lite would work! Yes, I felt really dumb. :(

Burner