PDA

View Full Version : 295's on a 2500HD?

ChevDog
02-12-2003, 08:52
Anyone have pictures of BFG AT/KO 295/75-16's on a non-lifted 2500HD? I have a set from my 95 that I am selling to a friend who has a 2002 Crew Cab SB. I know that I saw pictures of DSLPOWRs truck before, but can't get into his picturetrail album to view them now. We'd like to see pictures of how these fit. Can it be done without any trimming? He already has the torsion bars turned up.

Thanks.

Billy14
02-12-2003, 10:06
ChevDog,

I've been running BFG 295's for over a year now & do considerable 4 wheelin over rough rocky terrain with full suspension travel. Never had a problem or made contact with the frame or wheel well.

If the torsion rods are cranked up, all you have to do is a little mod on the driver's side.
1) In front of the tire where the plastic well makes a V, punch a hole on both sides of the V (about 2" apart) & about 1" from the bottom of the well. Run a 15" tie wrap through the holes & secure to the frame pulling it towards the bumper about an inch.

2) In back of the tire take another tie wrap & wrap aroung the emergency brake cable housing where it contacts the wheel well. Double the tie wrap around the cable to prevent slipping & attach to the frame pulling the cable to one side to give clearance. Be careful not to put the cable in a bind.

This has worked great for me & several others.

Billy

ChevDog
02-12-2003, 10:09
Thanks Billy,

I notice you have a ranch hand bumper - probably has more tire clearance than stock. Did you have the tires on with the stock bumper?

Do you have any pictures you could send me?

Billy14
02-12-2003, 10:15
ChevDog,

Yes, I had the stock bumber on with the 295's & I'm glad you refreshed my memory.

You might have to trim the air dam back a little. I cut mine back about 1/2" but I can't remember if this was before or after I had the torsion rods cranked up. You might be O.K.

ON EDIT: I have pics but they are large files. If you send me your Email address & don't use a server with small memory(ie Hotmail) I'll send them to you.

Billy

[ 02-12-2003: Message edited by: Billy14 ]</p>

ChevDog
02-12-2003, 13:56
e-mail is

Large files are fine - I do them all the time.

Thanks.

[ 02-13-2003: Message edited by: ChevDog ]</p>

Piney
02-12-2003, 16:27
ChevDog,

I'm gonna email you a picture of a guy's truck off of this site. He has 295's, but I can't remember his name.....The tires look good.

1BADDMAX
02-12-2003, 19:54
I'd also like a copy of those pictures. I will have to buy new tires soon.
Email is dgowan@usa.net

JimWilson
02-12-2003, 22:01
Well, if you're gonna be doing a mass mailing can I get in on it too? :D

jawilson@ix.netcom.com

Trippin
02-12-2003, 22:11
Watch out for the wheel backspacing. I've got 285s on mine and there is no way I could fit the 295s with my current wheels. The tire guy was kind enough to let me try.

Duramaxerado
02-16-2003, 21:24
Do you think one of you guys could fwd those pics to me as well?? I would love to check em out..

thanks.

Chris.

Xristob@aol.com

ChevDog
02-17-2003, 07:43
Thanks everyoneforthe help. He put the tires on, and they fit just fine. With stock wheels, and the torsion bars turned up, the inner fender liner had to be pulled back in front of the tire, and the e-brake cable had to be pulled back, and no rubbing. they do come very close to the airdam when turning, though. Looks very good.