PDA

View Full Version : more NBSU

mps007
02-11-2003, 22:06
Thanks to a great forum -
I got an SES indication - In a Wet Snow storm lots of Salt -
Clunked into Fwd & reverse, sometimes no reverse or Fwd.- Drive selector went bonkers - had no idea what gear to display - I went to dealer & told them it's likely the NBSU / PNP switch - If you change it make sure it's updated version.

They scratched thier heads, Told me it was probably the tran-synd that screwed up the tranny.

Well guess what - It was the NBSU smile.gif !!
For the record : codes PO722 / P1711 / P 1713 reprogrammed - than scanned for codes & found P0700 / P 1781 replaced the "pnp" switch & reprogrammed the PCM ..... All runs great now

Thanks Guys !!
They can't figure Out how I know all this stuff !!

Mike

conradv
02-11-2003, 23:51
After reading up on the NSBU stuff (and I have an '03 GMC with the OLD switch...) I guess I don't want to go through any big puddles (over 6" deep) with these Heavy Duty trucks, eh? ;)

I'm tempted to get a new switch, get my truck going in the slush next to the dealer, and wait for the breakdown...

Am I being a bit cynical here?

Black Dog
02-12-2003, 06:56
-------------------------------------------
After reading up on the NSBU stuff (and I have an '03 GMC with the OLD switch...) I guess I don't want to go through any big puddles (over 6" deep) with these Heavy Duty trucks, eh?
I'm tempted to get a new switch, get my truck going in the slush next to the dealer, and wait for the breakdown...
---------------------------------------------

You are being a bit cynical. My '01 is on it's third Michigan winter without a hiccup from the NSBU (probably just jinxed it). Buying an updated switch from my local Allison dealer is on my list though.

conradv
02-12-2003, 13:56
Probably so smile.gif

But I wish that GM would do something. I'll be making a cross country trip this summer & I'll take one with me. But I shouldn't HAVE to with a new truck...