PDA

View Full Version : NSBU Switch- ? for Big Al or Steve O.

zip
02-10-2003, 08:17
Hey. After reading the latest thread about the NSBU switch failures, I noticed you indicated that the switch failure prevents the truck from starting in ambient temps under 40 degrees.
Looks like mine wigged out last nite,so the thread caught my eye.Did I misunderstand what ya said? I think it failed last nite when I had to go into 4wd to get out of a driveway in reverse. When I shifted into forward gear, the tranny went into low gear and wouldn't shift out of that gear until I got out of 4wd. Truck started ok this am and I didn't put into 4wheel drive
because the roads were in good shape.
Thanks.
zip

ChevysRus
02-10-2003, 17:50
Zip, I think that was a joke and it was ambients over 40 degrees, because I was teasing them about the cold weather where they were and the warm weather where I was (California).

If the switch goes you lose the gear indicator on the dash as to what gear you are in and other weird stuff. It does not sound like the NSBU in your example, but I don't have 4WD so someone with 4WD should reply. Maybe somehting unique to 4WD is the issue and not the NSBU in your case. Especially if everything is OK when you are out of 4WD.

Good Luck

SteveO
02-10-2003, 18:06
ChevysRus thanks, he had me scrating my head smile.gif

Your problem does not sound like an NSBU..

It sounds like something was goofy (JKs word) with 4x4... I have seen the Pushbutton 4x4 controllers go crazy..

My advise>> Put it in 4x4 even if you don't need it and see what happens...

zip
02-11-2003, 08:04
Yeah- I guess it could be the software or controller. The 4wd panel sits there an blinks at ya like a dog when ya tell it to get off the bed.
Sure do appreciate the comeback,guys.
I went into 4wd low this am and it didn't want to. In neutral it didn't want to go back into 2wd. Blink Blink Blink Blink. ?

zip

SteveO
02-11-2003, 11:30
zip,

Replace the 4x4 switch on the dash first..

GM released an updated version for this problem..

Sorry, I don't have the Part# handy right now..