PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys: wanna see a "girl's truck?"...pics!

DMAXDiva
07-01-2002, 15:26
Okay, I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. Took first batch of pics today, will add more soon.

Here goes nuthin'...hope this works! ;)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dmaxdiva

tmg115
07-01-2002, 15:40
that is a good looking rig you got there.

were did you get thoughs ranch hands?

mackin
07-01-2002, 16:07
DMAXDiva ,

Nice truck, for a "GIRLS" truck ....... What no curtains????? tongue.gif

Just kidding, nice ride .......

MAC :D

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

pullinpower
07-01-2002, 16:53
great looking truck ya got there,I like the way you mounted the lights underneath,I may do the same.

DMAXDiva
07-01-2002, 16:57
tmg115:

I got the Ranch hands in Lubbock at Shamrock Accessories. They had by far the best price I could find (saved nearly 500 bucks over buying both bumpers in Houston!).

Heavy Duty Neil
07-01-2002, 17:16
Sweet. Nice stereo. If you are taking more pics soon, I'd like to get a closer look at your Sirius antenna. Thanks. :cool:

tmg115
07-01-2002, 18:03
DMAXDiva how much was the front end replacement?

NutNbutGMC
07-01-2002, 18:59
^...DMD......Nice lookin' machine. :cool: :cool:

DMAXDiva
07-01-2002, 23:16
tmg115:

The front-end replacement ran $749, and the rear bumper was around $379 with the back-up lights. There's a guy up in your area (I think he might even be in Arlington) that posts pretty regularly here on the forum; I think his handle is TX DMAX (but I could be wrong... :confused: ). You might do a search for Ranch Hand bumpers in this forum, and you'll find his posts. He mentioned a while back that he was a Ranch Hand dealer, so I'll bet you can get a good deal from him.

Hope that helps!

SoCalDMAX
07-02-2002, 08:33
Great looking truck, in every respect! Killer stereo!

...So where are the girls? I thought you said girls and trucks! Next time, stand next to the truck and have your husband take the pictures ;)

Where's the pink fuzzy steering wheel cover? Gotta have that... ;)

Regards, Steve

R Waller
07-03-2002, 05:35
very nice truck,

do you drive the beltway 8 around near pasadena ?
saw a truck very similar to that a couple of weeks ago w/A piller gauges..... :D

Diverguy
07-03-2002, 11:54
Nice Truck. I especially like the creative use of tin foil to cover your license plate.
Has anyone had problems with identity theft or other associated activities because some 'fine upstanding member of the community' got a hold of license plate numbers that were posted on the web? :rolleyes:

TXDMAX
07-03-2002, 12:02
DmaxDiva, no not a Ranchhand dealer. I work at tmg155's favorite Chevy store tongue.gif . But I do know the guys at Ranchhand and can get a little discount but your prices beat our dealer prices so good job. tmg115 the store is on loop 12 just south of Texas stadium.

DURA-MAX3
07-03-2002, 15:46
Where did you get the cool gauges on the pillar post and who installed them. thanks

DMAXDiva
07-05-2002, 10:25
R Waller:

Nope, I don't normally drive that route, but I have been passin' through Cut-n-Shoot daily for the past two weeks on the way to Conroe!

DiverGuy:

Hey, foil was all I could find in a pinch...and yes, unfortunately there have been instances of rather unscrupulous individuals with access to plate records tracking down and stalking owners (my hubby is a cop, so I have heard some real horror stories, believe me!)...

Dura-max 3:

I had the guages installed in Lubbock at Diesel Injection Service. They did a great job, and gave me a good deal to boot! I highly recommend them.

DURA-MAX3
07-05-2002, 14:17
What did they charge you for putting the gauges in with labor costs...thanks...

DMAXDiva
07-05-2002, 17:09
Dura-Max 3:

Let me dig out the invoice, and I'll give you a figure on the guages and install(I hope I can find the paperwork!). I had the work done back in May when I was in Lubbock (my old hometown) on business.

By the way, is Runaway Bay anywhere close to Rockport, or are you further south down the coast?

tmg115
07-05-2002, 17:19
TXDMAX i am hopping you want act liek your company :D but what is the stores name?

gregmican
07-05-2002, 22:25
DMAXDiva,
Nice ride, what does the straight pipe sound like. I have been dying to hear one, I just can't make myself do it until I hear one. Where did you get this exhuast and what brand is it?
Thank you much

DURA-MAX3
07-06-2002, 00:04
DMXDIVA, Runaaway Bay is just west of Bridgeport or Decatur Texas. About 45 minutes northwest of Ft. Worth Tx. It is on lake Bridgeport, between Bridgeport and Jacksboro... Hope this helped you locate it... later...

SledZep
07-06-2002, 07:01
Nice truck! I have the same wheeks and a Black CC D/A!! None of the rest of your goodies though.
I have a llong list, but a short wallet.

DMAXDiva
07-06-2002, 09:11
gregmican:

All that is involved in straight-piping is removing that enormous, choking stock muffler and either welding or clamping a length of 3.5 inch pipe in it's place. Really simple, really inexpensive, but really, REALLY loud :eek: .
I'm not sure how much sound the 4.5 inch chrome "cannon" exhaust tip adds, but I just can't handle that obnoxious "brap". There is also an annoying resonance that develops at sustained highway speed (around 2k rpm) that absolutely drives me nuts...I have to crank up the Kenwood to drown it out (yeah, like I need an excuse to JAM!). In addition, I only saw modest EGT drops (25-50 degrees) with the straight (I had hoped for more dramatic temp drops). I've ordered a Banks Monster system which should be in next week, and I really can't wait to get it installed.

I've read posts of others that have straight-piped their trucks and are happy with the results. I guess it really does boil down to personal preference... ;)

tmg115
07-06-2002, 13:48
DMAXDiva you are realy going to love the Banks. it is the only way to go. it is a very nice sounding exhaust and it dosn't make to much noise on the highway which i like.

Alli-max
07-07-2002, 11:47
quoting TMG... "DMAXDiva you are realy going to love the Banks. it is the only way to go."

Which ones have you tried? Is there something wrong with all the others? :rolleyes: