PDA

View Full Version : have any of you seen or heard of this

king D
02-08-2003, 12:32
yesterday my brother and i were running some 0-60mph test and boost readings before we upgraded his 2002 to a k-n charger kithowever before we finished something strange happened.boost was at 25psi on a very quick spool time and when let of the gas and off the brake the truck was in some kind of limp mode,however reverse worked and stil does just fine.however all forward gears appear to have nadda.took the truck to the dealer and cleared all codes. well when put into gear (forward ones)everything seem fine until throttle is applied at which time the light behind the D drive emblem starts blinking and nothing happens no movement or at least only slight like the tranny is not engageing but no new codes are given.any ideas jess

Luis
02-09-2003, 07:23
Simular thing happend with my wife. (not running 0-60 times or anything like that)The R indicator was flashing and the truck would not go into reverse. SES light came on and set code P0700 and P0847. Dealer said it was the MULTIFUNCTION Switch. Heard the mech. tell the service writer GM said have a number of failures due to corrosion.

SteveO
02-09-2003, 11:24
King D,

What dealership?

NSBU> Maybe, but it sounds kinda funny...

The Tech can look at what Gear is being commanded with a Tech 2..

king D
02-09-2003, 16:56
the dealership was edenton moters in edenton but the tech gave nothing evn as the light was flashing.we carried back to were he bought it from.the gm said they would fix or put a new tranny in it no ?s asked.

dmaxster
02-09-2003, 18:35
King D .....just wondering how many miles he had on it when it failed......Mine also did the same thing....this past weekend......had to disconnect the batteries to get it out of the lock out mode.....it would only shift upto 3rd gear.......we reset the computer.....and all good to go.....even though the SES light was still on......looks like I have to replace mine alse.......dmaxster

king D
02-10-2003, 13:01
under 8000 miles

SteveO
02-10-2003, 17:59
King D,

If the tech would have looked at "Range Commanded" or "Range Requested" it could be simple diagnosis.. If it shows the wrong gear or a ? then you have something to go on... This is very simple stuff........
Edenton? It's east of I95?

dmaxster,

If the "Service Engine" light is on and indeed the NSBU has failed then you should have a Code.. Plesae find out what code has been logged... Luis is a prime example of an NSBU switch failure, I have seen VERY few not turn on the "Service Engine Soon" light...

P0708 is the normal for a NSBU failure....

king D
02-11-2003, 17:59
dealer called said tranny was toast.completely burned up.however they said tranny info showed that nothing showed to be hot.the gauage was showing only 200 when the problem started.chevy wants it back to tear apart and a new one is on its way here.thanks for the inputs,and if i find out more ill p[ost to let you know.jess