PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice!....steering rattle saga continues...

FormulaPro
07-01-2002, 05:45
First: I apologize to everyone on this group for my continuing posts on this steering rattle issue.

Now, I need some advice.

I have been in contact with GM customer service and they have found me a dealer that is willing to apply the bearing fix...but, "I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT". Of course, if GM comes out with a TSB for the exact same fix, I will be reimbursed.

What would you guys/girls do?

ZFMax
07-01-2002, 06:55
Make them a deal ...

If it fixes it, they pay.

If it doesn't fix it, you pay.

After seeing this bearing kit fix my truck first-hand, I'd take that bet.

If they won't go for that, I'd go to arbitration. You've got plenty of evidence that this is a real issue that can be fixed. Names and phone numbers of dealership personnel who have done it. GM has an obligation to meet the terms of the warranty.

Pair of Kings
07-01-2002, 19:50
I had the bearing installed last week. Not a sound from the steering column since then. I told my dealer to check out this web site and after looking at it he got the bearing kit and said GM approved the install. I'd tell your dealer double or nothing, they pay you double if it works and you pay them nothing if it doesn't. Either way you win. Warranty is there to take care of problems. Good luck.

Derek M
07-01-2002, 20:12
My brother had his 2500LD fixed with the bearing, along with my 2500HD also fixed with the bearing from the same dealer Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson Texas. I don't see why you would need to pay for it since GM is paying dealers all over the country to perform the fix, again under warranty.

letsgo
07-02-2002, 15:56
Could some one tell me which bearing you are all refering to, I asked this question in the last posting, but it got overlooked?
Not having a manual I would ASSUME there are many bearings in the stearing colume.
thanks for any input.

GMC 2002 DURAMAX SLT EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD 4X4 AUTO

FormulaPro
07-03-2002, 05:50
The part number is 26099860...I am not sure where it goes, I think in the steering box.