PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions On Fuel System

Shaun091382
12-27-2003, 08:04
Hi, i was wondering that when i decide to replace injectors and glow plugs should i also have my ip pump redone at the same time? my plugs,injectors and ip pump are all original and have 209,000 miles on them..its probably about time to replace injectors and glow plugs my truck starts in cold weather ok, I'm sure it could be better..i am wondering about the pump because i find that in the summer when i run my truck in warm temperatures there has been a few times that it will not start after recent shutdown like i have to wait for a bit..anyways just looking for thoughts..my truck is a '93 with mech injection

goodmonkey
12-27-2003, 22:28
My dad had an '83 K30 with a 6.2, and he had the IP and injectors rebuilt twice in it's 250k life span. I'd say if you are taking the injectors off, go ahead and have the pump rebuilt. Also might looking into having the injectors rebuilt too. Last I knew it was about half as much to get them redone then to buy new ones. This is all dependent of course if there is anyone in your area that does such work. That's my 2 cent at least.