PDA

View Full Version : grease ft. end / ft. dif. fluid change

Joe P
09-08-2003, 18:45
just purchased a grease gun to grease ft. end,sick of seeing grease smeared all over the place from tire shop. ? What is the size of the zerk fitting,as i want to buy a long flex hose so i can reach those hard to get fittings. Also want to change ft. dif. fluid(can someone describe the setup,where drain and fill plug are located,also can i use 75w90 synthetic,which is what i have in the rear ,which i changed with about 2000 milesas advised by many DP members.thans in advance for any advise. JP.

dmaxalliTech
09-11-2003, 18:21
Joe, the gease zerks are standard size, any good flexible hose/end will work. You might also want to pick up a 90 degree adapter to have a little better access on pitman and idler arm.

Front diff fluid change is straitforward, remove the skid plate if equipped and pull the drain plug, its the 13mm head plug on the drivers side of the housing, right above it is the fill plug, 15mm head. drainit and fill it. takes about 2 qts. If you go to synthetic, its reccomeded to change the vent cap, which is a black screw in piece of plastic at the top of the housing on the drivers side, the replacements are white, avail from dealer for less then 20 bucks.

bigRazor432
09-12-2003, 04:00
Do you happen to have the part number of white vent cap handy?