PDA

View Full Version : Vibration from gas pedal and floor board

Shire Ben
10-20-2005, 02:37
Background, 2004.5 LLY, 43k miles recent LOF, Fuel filter (every 12K), tire rotation and addition of four Bilstein shocks purchased from Kennedy. I drive approximately 500-600 week highway in the greather Boston area..minimal towing. I have notice a very fine vibration coming up through gas pedal and floor board after recent maintenance. Literally makes my feet numb...original tires, due for exchange at 50K, but still have equal tread. Pay close attention to alignments etc. Everything solid from below, no leaks, transmission service every 25K and filter changed every 12K..also adjusted tire pressure during service.Engien and transmission work fine. Would new shocks cause this..(?) Engine vs. tires...appreciate any thoughts or suggestions..Thank You

Dr.Rick
10-22-2005, 18:53
I also have recently installed a set of bilsteans on my 05, and it seems that on some road conditions I feel a slight bump in the peddle and steering as if something was loose in the front end. I have checked the front end and it is fine, so I am not sure what the cause is. Truck has 20K and a set of bfg's.

SnowBandit
10-23-2005, 06:09
Do you have nerf bars? Mine do that from time to time and I know its the bars. They shake going over bumps in the road.

saywhat
10-23-2005, 14:03
Ben,had a 2001 2500 with 6.0 gas engine that did exactly as yours.Did it from day one til I got rid of the truck a year later with 18,000 miles on it.Rotating,rebalancing tires never helped.Funny how numb my feet would get.Must be something out of balance somewhere.

DADGLW
10-24-2005, 15:30
i have had problems like that in the past on my other trucks..one was the u-joint was seizing up and the other was the drive shaft was out of balance.

JimEd
10-25-2005, 05:12
I have a 2006 with 4900 miles on it, I feel a vibration that I only notice when stopped I feel it in the brake pedal.

Shire Ben
10-29-2005, 02:00
To all...Thanks for your response. I took it to local diesel dealer who does all maintenance and looked over truck fully, no mechanical conditions,everything tight. I think Snow Bandit hit the nail on head...I have nerf bar running boards. Mechanic noticed vibration coming from them on truck idle...more than normal. They may have become misaligned while on lift. I am going to loosen boards, realigned and retorque bolts. Hoepfully this will decrease vibration. Again, I appreciate everyones responses..

Indydiesel
10-30-2005, 17:30
check out TSB #05-06-05-002, this may relate to what you are describing.