PDA

View Full Version : Auxillary Fuel Tank and Stock Electronics Question

RonDMax
02-03-2003, 16:12
I had a 2K1 Duramax and put a fuel tank from Handy Industries in it. Worked flawless. Had it setup to pump fuel into stock tank.

I am now looking at the auxtank.com tanks as I now have a 2K3 model. I am not sure if all models have the electronics or just the LT that tell you fuel mileage, fuel consumption and all that garbage that is wrong anyhow since I have 285's on my truck but would having a second bigger tank make these reading even more off while running on the aux tank since I am guessing that it would think that a full tank is 26 gals instead of 45.

I guess my real question is.....Does anyone know if the fuel mileage is calculated off of what is used out of the tank? or by fuel actually injected or what. Would be pretty silly to see the electonics saying i am getting 40-50 miles per gallon because of the difference in the tank.

Dont know if I am explaining my question correctly but hopefully someone out there understands and can answer. LOL

hogbody
02-03-2003, 17:39
Just installed the a Transferflow in my 2003. The only computer function affected was the miles range function. It computes the range on the gallons in the main tank in ratio to the MPG. It won't factor in the Aux tank gallonage.

The Transferflow pumps into the main tank and keeps an equal amount in both the Aux and main tank. So I just double the range and there you have it.

The other readings work as advertised, MPD, Instant MPG.......

Though a little more expensive than others I like the Transferflow system.

Larry

cmtndmax
06-25-2003, 00:21
Rondmax I would like to know more about how your aux. fuel tank was setup. What type/size pump etc. email me at cmtndmax@yahoo.com