PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys here we go again........

dmaxster
09-02-2003, 20:17
well we were coming home over the weekend...the Allison decided it was going to say kaput...well not totally....what happended is....it feels like it's in a limp mode...but just seems lacking in power...it's not all the time....but irratic....it does it hot..and cold...more cold i think...than not.... :rolleyes: once again....it has go to dealer...i'll find out friday what happens.....any ideas on what may have caused this....just had tranny replace in spring....so there is only like 12 or 14,000 on it....????any help would be appreciated....thanks Dieselpage.... ;)

dmaxalliTech
09-02-2003, 20:28
First thing to check would be the NSBU and make sure its the updated tan switch, good dealer would have installed it with new trans..

If thats ok, then check the wiring in the TCM harness where it runs along the p/s return line clamp at the pump.. known rub point.

If thats not it, fill tank, head East across the fresh water pond until you get to Grand Rapids, let sit 1-2 days and return home happy

dmaxster
09-09-2003, 21:41
well guys...it's the MAF...sensor....so replace...or clean....it......

sonofagun
09-11-2003, 12:53
D,

Clean it first. Remove carefully, watch the wires inside. You'll need a security wrench(ALLEN wrench with a hole in the middle of it) to get it off. Put some 90% denatured alchol (not 70% -- too much oil) in a good strong baggie and swish is around for a couple of minutes. Let it dry completely and reinstall. They don't go bad often so it might just be dirty (especially if you run an oiled air filter).

Good luck,
Bob

letsgo
09-14-2003, 05:38
What does MAS stand for, and exactly where is it located, and what does it do???

thanks for any input.

good luck

tysmith
09-14-2003, 16:51
MAF - Mass Airflow Sensor
Located next to air box in the intake duct.
Measures airflow, relayed to ECM.

Ty

BlueOx03
09-14-2003, 18:50
Plastic safe electronic contact cleaner works and you should be able to clean it by opening the air box and sprying it down. let it dry for a few minutes and you're all set. I've seen it done on gassers, it should work just as good for this app.

TJ

dmaxster
09-14-2003, 20:40
yup...guys cleaned as per instruction....on search page for MAF sensor.... smile.gif now works good as new..... :D all I have to say....is >>>>>>Thanks dieselpage...... tongue.gif stealer wanted to have 150 bucks for this sensor... redface.gif redface.gif I told them there nuts....they told me....had to be replaced...i told them after I said....i will clean it....they said that doesn't work...well Monday Morning...I am calling to tell them...it works...LMAO...at parts guy.... :D dmaxster :cool: