PDA

View Full Version : Setrab Coolers

big dipper
09-02-2003, 13:26
I was wondering for those in the know.....
How much benefit would there be in going with a multi-pass cooler over the standard? Would there be anymore restriction than on a normal one?

Thanks,
George

Allison Jettester
09-03-2003, 09:01
George,
I don't quite understand your question. Is it that you want to put a Setrab inline with the stock or a cooler which passes the fluid thru multiple times before it goes back to the tranny?
But, the answer to either question is to get rid of the stock cooler and put in the same cooler I did with a thermostat. You still need to watch the temperature when towing on hills (even small ones when going slow) or just get in the habit of using towhaul most of the time. If you take the thermostat out in the summer you can tell within a minute or two when you are doing something wrong by watching the temp.

Joe

big dipper
09-03-2003, 15:17
AJ,
What I meant was, Setrab makes a multi-pass cooler also. I was wondering if there was an advantage with a multi over the standard. Also, I wonder if it would add any restiction.

George

Allison Jettester
09-04-2003, 09:14
Big Dipper,
I couldn't find any specs for the multipass cooler on their webpage www.setrab.com, (http://www.setrab.com,) but I think a multipass is used more where you don't get a lot of airflow and there is really high pressures and flow rates, such as big hydraulic systems. Anyway, I don't see any advantage as mine runs almost too cool now. I would also be wondering about loss of pressure and flow rates with that much travel through the cooler.

Joe