PDA

View Full Version : U Joints

atvpilot
01-20-2005, 18:23
Hey Guys,
I got a question. I had my rear u Joints replaced at 48k I now have 54k on the truck and I can hear that ever so familar squeaking when I back up and I notice a very profound lauch shutter when I take off. Should my u joints be going again in such a short time???? I haven't been towing or beating up on the truck. Just driving it regularly. It's a 2002 GMC D/A CC SB, any help would be appreciated. I am taking it into the shop tomorrow to have it looked at.

Turbo Al
01-21-2005, 07:03
I have replace over 500 U-joints over the years (was an industrial mechanic) and found they last quite a while if they are American made -- NOT offshore made and put in an American box -- MADE IN USA. It sounds like you either got a defective U-joint installed or a deffective installer :rolleyes:
Al

Jimamatic
01-21-2005, 12:27
Do you have a two or one piece driveline? I can not remember if they still had the two piece set up on the 2002s. If you do, that could be a big part of the problem. I have 2001 and had the monster one piece installed and it fixed my launch shudder problem. I believe there is still
a technical service bulletin out for this.

Jim.