PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt GM offer a sliding rear window?

creto1
06-22-2002, 13:11
Isnt this a mandatory option? The other brands have it. I dont think I should have to spend $400 for some shabby aftermarket install after coughing up 40k for a new truck.

SoMnDMAX
06-22-2002, 13:45
Consider yourself blessed. The slider offered as an OEM option wasn't worth dirt on the '99 and '00 trucks. They cracked, leaked, fell out, etc...

A friend of mine is on his second window, and he's only got 50,000 miles on his '00 1500. Many other locals have had the same problems with their windows.

oneton
06-22-2002, 18:02
Guys, I got a quote for a Powerslider for my 02. 495 installed. A local conversion place have them in stock. I have one on my 94 Conversion and love it. Just add one more aftermarket item to list. Boy.. my wife is not going to be happy after spending 38,500 and now spending more money for extras. LOL

txguppy
06-27-2002, 05:45
IMHO, a sliding rear window is just an invitation for thieves. Might as well place a window sticker "Steal Me" on the back glass :eek: If you do install one, be sure to get a headache rack to cover it up.

txguppy

01GMC SLE 4X4 2500HD D/A Pewter/Pewter,
Michelin LTX M/S, Steelhorse running boards,
Roll Top Cover, Weathertech Floor Mats,
Ranch Hand Grill Guard, K/N Airfilter
Phantom II Detector/Jammer, Fumoto, Amsoil
soon to be underseat storage box

hoot
06-27-2002, 05:54
They were having quality issues with the supplier and couldn't get it resolved so apparently they decided it wasn't worth it.

Alli-max
06-27-2002, 10:17
Txguppy... LOL!
"Might as well place a window sticker "Steal Me" on the back glass If you do install one, be sure to get a headache rack to cover it up."

you are in the Valley, and talking about bars for your truck.... looks kinda like some house down there in Brownsville!

BTW... I goto the Valley about every 8-12 weeks...maybe we could meet up for lunch or grab a beer after work next time I am down..

SoCalDieselNewbie
06-27-2002, 18:37
TXGUPPY,

I agree!

Especially down where our are at... if it isn't bolted down, there is an 80% chance that it will across the border in 20 minutes.

txguppy
06-27-2002, 20:29
Alli-Max, Ain't it the truth. If and when you're going to be in the area, give me a heads-up at txguppy@awesomenet.net

SoCal......., We are not the only ones, I bet SD has their share of hot cars going South! tongue.gif
I have intercepted many stolens going south as you can probably tell from my profile.

Drive safe,
txguppy