PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty question.

Jim Cobler
08-26-2003, 11:32
My dealer offered a 5 year from today and 100,000 miles odometer extended warranty which is insured by a company called EFG out of Dallas for $1,465.00. It is what is called an exclusionary warranty meaning it covers everything but the excluded items. Will receive a list in the mail shortly.

This is attractive to me because my truck is an 01 with about 20,000 miles on it so I will probably used the 5 years.

Questions is Does anyone have any information on EFG out of Dallas?

TXDMAX
08-26-2003, 12:55
Jim,
I work at a ver large Chevy store (4th in nation) in the Dallas area and the only co. I can think of is Enterprise Financial Group. Do you see anything on the paper work w/ that name on it? If not I have never heard of them.

Jim Cobler
08-26-2003, 19:59
I am pretty sure that is the correct name. Do you know anything about this company either positive or negative. I do not have the brochure yet but should receive it in a couple days.

I intend to buy the extend coverage from someone. My problem is to locate a quality company with good coverage at a fair price.

Thanks,

hickcox
08-26-2003, 22:26
Why don't you call around different dealerships in the area's you frequent (different states, or cities) and see if they know or accept EFG as a acceptable warranty company.

I did this back when I was looking into getting an extended warranty for a previous vehicle, found out some dealership won't deal with certain warranty companies and want you to pay them up front for repairs and let you try and collect payment from the warranty company.

TXDMAX
08-27-2003, 07:17
Jim,
Send me an e-mail. I sell GM major gaurds and can beat that price.
BlakeH_72@yahoo.com

Enterprise is a consulting group for auto dealerships. They own the warranty company and it is backed by an insurance company. The less claims they pay the more they make. They are a very good organization. I know a few people that work for them but this is not their core business.