PDA

View Full Version : Hey Moondoggie?

fastcat800
06-23-2005, 09:40
Which Wally world do you get your oil at? I have looked at a couple of stores and neither had synthetic. I need an oil change soon and want to try Rotella synthetic 5W-40. It's about $2.oo a quart cheaper than Amsoil 5W-40 I am running now.

moondoggie
06-25-2005, 07:43
Good Day!

I shop the WalMart across University Ave. from me - it's either Fridley or Spring Lake Park. A kid in the Maple Grove store told me I could order any quantity I wanted, so I began ordering 5 cases at a time a year or more ago (I take care of more vehicles than listed in my profile).

Maybe they don't carry it anymore, I don't know. I picked up my last order months ago.

Sorry I took so long to reply - I only have Internet access at work, & then I only look during lunch.

Good Luck & Blessings!

Dvldog 8793
06-26-2005, 04:38
Walmart also carries Mobil 1 suv&diesel oil at a competitive price. All the Walmarts up here have both, maybe not so down in the Metro....
L8r
Conley

fastcat800
06-27-2005, 08:07
Thanks Moondoggie, I go to Sams in MG all the time and Wal Mart is right next door so I will go talk to them. I was hoping one store would stock it but no luck so far. I don't believe they had the Mobil oil either. It has been a few months since I looked so maybe things have changed. I will ask at Sams too as I noticed they now have regular Rotella 15W-40.

moondoggie
06-27-2005, 09:29
Good Day!

[i]

fastcat800
07-01-2005, 06:39
My Rotella synthetic search is over! Went to Sam's in Maple Grove last night and stoped at Wally world across the street to talk to them about ordering Rotella synthetic and was shocked to see it on the shelf. $13.48 a gallon and $3.69 a quart. Moondoggie, how many miles do you run between changes in your vehicles. I have a litle over 6000 miles now on my Amsoil in my truck and the oil is preaty black. I tow a 5-6K trailer about half of those miles.

moondoggie
07-01-2005, 07:52
Good Day!

I change oil religiously at 3500 miles, which means that most of the time it gets done B4 5000 miles. :mad: From my reading here & elsewhere, it seems that sulfur contamination of diesel oil is the BIG problem limiting how long the oil ought to stay in the crankcase

moondoggie
10-12-2005, 06:35
Good Day!

An update: I ran into the Auto Dept. guy at my local WalMart the other day. He said they no longer stock, nor can he order, 5W-40 Synthetic Rotella in 1 gallon bottles. He couldn't say if this was system-wide, but his store can't get it anymore.

They have it available in quarts, but it was $3.74/qt or such. I guess when I run out the party's over.

I'm going to try to find a local jobber or such that might carry it for a reasonable price, otherwise my synthetic oil days are over. :(

Blessings!

trbankii
10-12-2005, 07:42
I didn't look closely enough to see if they have synthetic, but the local TSC carries five gallon buckets of Rotella.

gvt
10-12-2005, 07:55
Moondoggie,
I've always purchased Mobil Delvac 1 from Egan Oil Co in Anoka. The address is 500 Industry Ave, shouldn't be too far from you. They are open 'til 5pm on weekdays and 'til noon on Saturday's. The phone number is 763-421-0410.

I just sent an oil sample to AV Lubricants that had 10,000 miles. I'm having the spectrographic, particle count, and TBN done. We shall see if the Oilguard is doing it's job!!!!

Marty Lau
10-12-2005, 19:44
Originally posted by moondoggie:
Good Day!

An update: I ran into the Auto Dept. guy at my local WalMart the other day. He said they no longer stock, nor can he order, 5W-40 Synthetic Rotella in 1 gallon bottles. He couldn't say if this was system-wide, but his store can't get it anymore.

They have it available in quarts, but it was $3.74/qt or such. I guess when I run out the party's over.

I'm going to try to find a local jobber or such that might carry it for a reasonable price, otherwise my synthetic oil days are over. :(

Blessings! Hey Moon Doggie, do you folks have Big R Supply stores in your area, they are Ranch supply store, ours here started handling Rotella 5w-40 it's about 4 bucks a gallon more than Wally's tho.

Barry Nave
10-13-2005, 00:38
Walmart also carries Mobil 1 suv&diesel oil at a competitive price

I,ve been thinking about going this route.
Been runing the Amsoil By-pass now for a year with Baldwin filters by JK, using Rotella T. I'll go around 4500K-5000K before I'm down a Qt. then change. Oil, it's still black,as always but oil would be a Qt. down before bypass install around 3000-3500K. Thats good news to me.
Wounder now if I could go 7000K with Moble 1 then the cost of the oil may be worth it.
? Any feed back from users with the same set up as I'm ruuning. smile.gif

moondoggie
10-13-2005, 05:02
Good Day!

[i]