PDA

View Full Version : What determines color keyed fender flares on a 03' Gmc Duramax ?

pilot2bombardier
11-12-2002, 18:23
My Broh picked up his 03' D-Max and was disappointed that the fender flares are black, not body color. What's the dillio??? ;) :eek:

pullinpower
11-12-2002, 19:11
pilot2bombardier,would it happen to be a white or a carmine red truck?These colors have the black flares.

car of the week
11-12-2002, 20:29
the colors that come with the painted flares for '03 are:

light pewter
dark gray
forest green

i have seen a few of are white trucks, for some reason, coming in with white flares. i have no explanation for this but they come off the truck with white flares. who knows...

Ryan

keilb
11-12-2002, 20:53
My white 03 GMC has white flares

srubrn
11-12-2002, 21:10
My white 02 Chevy has white flares but I had them painted and took that wide black body moulding off and replaced it with GMC molding. Who wants to pay $35K for a truck and it look like a work truck???

conradv
11-13-2002, 09:54
I love the green flares on my Polo Green Metallic truck. But black would not have changed the looks that much - the truck looks black in the morning and at night anyway

westies
11-13-2002, 19:56
Had black on my 02 but new 03 has white which probably explains why I paid so much more for it.

[ 11-13-2002: Message edited by: westies ]</p>

FisHn2DMax
11-14-2002, 01:02
Before I ordered my 03, I noticed both colored and black flares on the white 02 and 03 trucks? I wanted to make sure my new 03 had colored flares so I did some research as to why the colors of flares seemed to vary?

Here's what I found:
It depends on both the color choice and the GMC option package LE or LT.
Color: Flares:
Pewter LE= Colored LT =Colored
White LE = Black LT =Colored
Carmine LE = Black LT =Colored
Gray LE = ?? LT =Colored
Red Le= Black LT =Black
Green LE = Black LT =Colored
Black LE = Black LT =Black
Blue LE = Black LT = ??

Again, this was early August,02 when these rules applied to new orders. You'll need to check with your dealer for the latest. I was told all colors ( except black) will have the colored flares with the SLT option in the near future and some SLE colors will also come with colored flares. Pewter is the only color that comes with colored flares no matter the option package.

If you like Pewter you'll get colored flares! On the other colors, you'll need to check with the dealer before ordering.

Good Luck smile.gif

[ 11-14-2002: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]

[ 11-14-2002: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]

[ 11-14-2002: Message edited by: FisHn2DMax ]</p>

dieseldealer
11-14-2002, 13:04
Pewter trucks will have black flares if it is a SL model. Blue will have black flares, toreador red will have black flares, fire red and black will have black flares any trim level. All SL trim trucks are to have black flares. SLE and SLT trucks will have body color flares EXCEPT, blue, fire red, toreador red,black truck flares are black but not painted. This is for GMC.