PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Paintdude
11-04-2002, 20:53
I have had alot of new Chevys over the past 12 yrs and this one I have now has better fit and finish than any of the others I have had..It was built after 9-11-02..I just wonder if anyone else has noticed thier truck to be built with alittle more pride at that time.......or is it just me and I got lucky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so far..... :confused:

stretch
11-05-2002, 04:40
Its your imagination. They are all built with pride !!! smile.gif ;) :D

JHoff
11-05-2002, 05:42
Picked up my new truck last thursday, 2003 GMC 3500 Crew cab Duramax. I found drivers side camper retracting mirror was scratched as though it was rubbed with a scotch brite pad.The entire glass surface is scratched. The passenger side mirror had 3 scratches in the black surface. The passenger side back door has a ding which is coming from the inside of the door, it looks like some kind of fastener is pushing the skin out. Other than these three problems the fit of everything looks good. Dealer is going to fix problems Friday.

Reno DMAX
11-05-2002, 17:00
For me, so far so good. I park as far away from people as possible too.

Milkman
11-05-2002, 23:31
I would agree with the fit and finish part. Paint looks very good and body panels fit well. Now if I could only figure out my 4WD rattle/hum I will be all set! ;)

conradv
11-05-2002, 23:40
Nothing I could find was wrong with my new 2003 GMC except the poor local radio reception with the powerhouse Bose stereo - it sure plays CD's quite well though...

I would have put a cover over the rear radio/CD outlets on the back of the console - my 3 year old boy loves to push the on/off switch with his shoe & I figure it's only a matter of time before the knobs get broken off.

JimWilson
11-06-2002, 11:49
This is the first American vehicle I've bought in almost 20 years, primarily because all the ones I had purchased before were absolute garbage. I would have to say that this truck has been better then I had anticipated, from a fit and finish perspective anyway. I looked it over real good when I first got it -- I'm one of those compulsive types, so I want perfection (and hey, for 38 grand I should get it too). I only found a few minor problems, so that was good. Well, except for the paint finish, which is a joke -- there's spots of debris in a number of places, almost like they painted it outside in the parking lot. :mad:

Reliability has been fair, so far. I've been back to the stealer twice already (with only 8K on it now) for repairs, and I have to go again already for another problem, so that could be better. But I won't be able to fully answer your question for a few years more, until I can see how it stands the test of time. Then I'll know if I'm going wait another 20 years before I buy my next American vehicle...

ThePend
11-06-2002, 20:39
Two words.....

......VERY SATISFIED !!!!!!!

:D

BobNelson
11-07-2002, 08:22
Back to part of the original post... 9-11...

My truck is one of the early 01's.... Excellent quality. Did 9-11 change that? Probably not, but I often look at this product, and many other western products diffenrently now. We need to remember that 9-11 affected more than the USA.. I believe that 140 countries were affected... including our friends to the north.

We live in the most affluent society ever, that allows us to buy more toys than most could immagin. Sure is fun... and we can still have lots of pride in what we do every day.

And I "get" to go to work today.... ;) ;) ;)