PDA

View Full Version : Need manufacturer for new intercooler

oldmansax
04-03-2004, 17:32
I have a killer idea ( at least I think it is a killer idea.... :D ) for a new bolt-on intercooler that would be easy to install, functional, & look really cool too! Can anyone recommend a engineer/manufacturer to help me build it? Or someone to sell it to?

JoeyD
04-03-2004, 19:52
If you think it's that good of an idea, protect it. Call a lawyer :D
In saying that make a drwaing with your specs and dimmensions and go to a metal fab shop and make a proto type. If you were to sell this or market it yourself you will need to do this anyways.

oldmansax
04-04-2004, 04:03
I'm allergic to lawyers :D ... & I just want to find someone to take over the project. If it makes money, fine. If not, I have done things that didn't make money before.. smile.gif I thought with all the people on The Deisel Page, there had to be SOMEONE who was honest, thrifty, trustworthy, loyal.....no wait... that's the Boy Scouts. All joking aside, I don't have the time to persue this but I would like to see it happen. If I can make a little money too that would be nice; but money is not my first concern.

Dvldog 8793
04-04-2004, 05:28
Howdy
I am welder/Fabricator and have a FULL shop(mostly too full :D ) Anyways , I am in the middle of my own intercooler project among other things. If you want, I can give you a bid or at least tell you if I think it would be doable.
My time line to make something would be pretty tight right now as it is just starting to get into the recreational Aluminum welding season. All those expensive 4wheelers/boats/lifts/docks ect... that have been broke for 7 months and now it is an EMERGENCY that they are fixed yesterday!
Wait a sec, you probably don't want to hear this!
Email me direct and we'll talk about intercoolers.
Trust me, I'm a Marine! :D
Conley Janssen

[ 04-05-2004, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Dvldog 8793 ]

More Power
04-04-2004, 12:40
I spoke with Matt Koning (owner of Peninsular Diesel) a few days ago. He let me know that he was involved in the early stages of designing a new intercooler kit for the 1988-98 body style trucks and 1992-99 Suburbans. He was using a 1999 Suburban for the test/design phase where the IC will be mounted in front of the radiator. A major automotive supplier is supposed to produce them.

He also reported that a new fan-clutch will be a part of the kit.

We'll offer a full report once they actually go into production.

MP

JoeyD
04-04-2004, 17:13
oldman, I would like to see what you have in mind. I can sign a non compete :D . Let me know. I am not interested in selling anything but interested.

oldmansax
04-06-2004, 04:53
Joey D, Send me your email address