PDA

View Full Version : Buying Used What to check?

DMAXTODD
05-26-2003, 22:23
I am either finishing or calling off the deal I worked out last week to trade my 01 reg cab for an 02' crew cab on wed or thur and just wanted to see if you guys on the diesel page had any advice on things to check on the C/C, it has 21,600 miles and a few scratches but it ran strong,the sticking point in the deal was the steering wheel shock at 55 mph (unballanced wheel? and my front end has been great at 46,000,justdon,t want to trade for problems that's all,HARD DECISION my truck has been great but I need the room of the C/C. Sorry for going on and on...

DonG
05-26-2003, 23:03
DMAXTODD,
If you had a trusty friend that worked for a dealership he could type in the VIN number of the truck you are interested in and get a service/repair history if that was done at a dealership. Just a thought.

dmaxalliTech
05-27-2003, 20:08
dmaxtodd, email me the vin and I can tell you everything you want to know about that truck....

Jack's Dmax
06-02-2003, 23:06
Check the hour meter on the DIC, there are quite a few DMax's in use in the North Slope of Alaska where the mileage might not indicate the true useage. According to my son-in-law they usually leave the the motors running 24/7 during the winter months. You probably won't run accross one from AK, but it never hurts to keep things like this in mind.

Good Luck,
Jack

[ 06-02-2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Jack's Dmax ]

DMAXTODD
06-05-2003, 23:44
Thanks for the replies guys,went with another truck not the one I was asking about in this post. with 18,000 miles it was the right color(to match my trailer) price was better (LT with leather for $675 less than LS truck ect...But this rattle thing came for free..