PDA

View Full Version : Allison Broke

Test Road Builder
02-26-2004, 17:14
Well coming back to arizona from texas the allison started leaking. It was a small leak at first then got bigger and bigger to where it was using 1 gallon for every twenty miles at the end of trip.
Dealer called today to tell me the bolts came out of the torqe convertor. And the machanic broke my new starter bolt off.
I have 67000 miles on truck so warranty is gone so now I have to argue with chevrolet.
Truck is 2001 4x4.
Any ideas on how to win this case I know there were problems with this.

Dawg
02-26-2004, 17:40
I don't have it with me right now, but there is a bulletin on the torque converter bolts needing to be re-torqued. My dealer just did it for me when I took my truck in for the steering clunk. They checked for bulletins and did it without me even asking. Actually did several updates for me. Pretty cool! They gave me a copy of the bulletin. Since it is a known issue, maybe they will take care of it.

310-MAN
02-27-2004, 04:22
Dawg.Can you tell me the dealer you went to? The one I have been going to doesn't know "Jack"---- Thanks John "E" mail me @ jgr3418598@aol.com

Dawg
02-27-2004, 15:45
I will email you the info this weekend. I have had wonderful service. smile.gif

Test Road Builder
02-27-2004, 17:58
Well the dealer called today and chevy is going to pay 75% of total so that leaves me with $756.00 that I pay. I am happy with that but the service rep said the machanic broke the bolt off of the starter cylanoid and wants me to pay $750.00 for a new starter that I had replaced 20000 miles ago.They did not like what I said so they will call back monday.

Dawg
02-29-2004, 17:57
310-man, You have mail!

Test Road Builder
03-06-2004, 09:08
Well the dealer says if I want the truck I have to pay for the starter. Called chevy and they are no help. Thanks Chapman Chevrolet.Have a new crew cab coming in next week. The way I fill this was handeld I may change it to a ford.

DMAX4LIFE
03-06-2004, 12:24
It doesn't sound like you have a manufacturer problem, more like a dealer problem. Any respectable dealer would have paid for the started out of pocket and maybe dock the mechanic since he broke it. You might look for another dealer, and if you aren't satisfied with their deals, shoot me an email, and I'll see if I can help you.

ih1466
03-08-2004, 11:15
#1 if you have a problem with the dealer that is the same as the manufacturer to me. They give out these dealerships it is up to gm to police them. I had your tranny trouble at 35712 miles and asked the question what if I would have found the leak next week. They told me no trouble because they new of this trouble they would fix until 100K. That is what I was "told". There should have been a recall. All because some jerk off engineer thought he could save $.03 a truck by not using thread locker. This chump should be looking for a new job. How stupid can one person be to think something that spins and vibrates does not need locktight. You should not be paying for anything and for sure not the starter. If you have to pay the bill on a cc and get the truck back. Then get the cc company to take the money back that way because they ripped you off. Make them give you all the old parts. When it comes to cedit cards they will have to fight you under federal law and prove they did not screw you, not that you have to prove they screwed you. Just a thought.

Test Road Builder
03-08-2004, 20:26
Well I picked the truck up saturday. Seems to shift different than it used to. Monday I noticed a small oil spot in driveway looked under truck and there is very small amount from front of trans wiped it with my finger and it looks like motor oil. I had not cleaned all the oil from under the truck yet so tonight I cleaned it up.
Could the vibration from the TC coming loose also take the rear main seal out. I will check the oil again but it looked like motor oil to me.I better watch the injectors next.

Kennedy
03-11-2004, 13:25
There were enough 2001 Allison TC bolts that came loose that you should have decent grounds for reimbursement. This was true for 8.1 and Duramax trucks.

Why was the starter replaced? Did the servicing dealer replace the starter originally?

If they were interested in keeping you as a customer, I'm sure they could have pushed it.

Test Road Builder
03-11-2004, 18:34
I think the starter got broke by letting it hang from power cable. When I got the truck back I noticed that the clock and radio stations where the same as when I droped it off. So I know the batteries were not disconected?

Bad part is this truck is going to a friend I was just trying to find a new one when this happened.Now I won't let him have it until I drive it for a month or two.

I can't find a gold crew cab anyway right now.

NJDMAX
03-11-2004, 19:10
What size crew cab are you looking for? 2500 or 3500.

Test Road Builder
03-13-2004, 10:07
I am looking for a SLT or LT 2500 crew cab with electric camper mirrors, xm radio,leather, short bed in gold or maybe silver. I don't no why they order them in with standard mirrors. Every one I know with a diesel truck hauls or towes somthing. They should let truck people order the trucks and car people order the cars.

mark45678
03-13-2004, 15:40
Road builder! I found the ssame thing up here in the north east....No towing mirrors! I asked the dealer about it and the only thing I got was "they dont sell" ya maybe when they where ugly as sh*t 5 years ago!! Find a good LT duty fleet truck sales guy and you will find your package! If you want try Toms chevy in Norwood MA ask FOR DANNY ADAMS!!!! fleet truck MGR! It maybe worth the drive 781-762-8300! good honest guy to deal with!!!

[ 03-13-2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: mark45678 ]

J54 Mark
03-13-2004, 15:57
My dealer told me they ordered all their Duramax trucks with the towing mirrors. They aren't all that expensive an option.

Mark