PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Almost Gone !

Zapper
02-03-2004, 09:57
I have 35,000 on my early 02. I have had very few problems and it has only been in for warranty work on a couple of minor issuse.
It still has the 2 piece drive shaft and I have just started noticing a little shake when I take off hard. Have any of you had any trouble getting the dealer to replace this with the one piece? Does anyone regret changing drive shaft set ups? Are there any other things that I could possibly have checked or even fixed that I am not aware of before the warranty is gone? Any secret service bulletins? Thanks.

dmaxalliTech
02-03-2004, 17:43
I would go ahead and get that wobble taken care off. I cant see any disadvantage to replacement of the two piece to the one piece. Its covered with a tsb, so dealer should have no problem replaceing it if found the problem, while truck is still under 3/36. Make sure that the get the mount out of the way for the carrier bearing, as it will hit the one piece and cause damage.
Eric

Jimamatic
02-03-2004, 17:58
Hey Zapper!
I have a 2001 4x4 cc sb model K25743 and had the
two piece replaced with the monster one piece. My truck had what is known as launch shudder on acceleration and is a common problem with certain
GM trucks. There is a service bulletin (#01-04-17-001b) that addresses this issue. My recommendation is to subscribe to Alldata.com and
and copy off the bulletin before you go to the dealer. You know the saying, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. The bulletin will tell you if it applies to your truck by the model number. Just remember that if you have this done to make sure they do not cut out the cross member. Only the carrier bearing assembly should be cut off. There were some early reports of this happening and I think resulted in some GM buy backs because it weakened the frame. Hope this helps....

Jim

kavik
02-09-2004, 21:47
Does the bulletin cover 2001 extended chassis cabs? I have the two piece shaft and they already had to replace the support bearing once....