PDA

View Full Version : Does your tailgate not close snugly?

LittleBigRig
01-23-2004, 12:01
I've had the Dusty Silverado three years now and have had no problems with the DMAX. But one thing that has been a bit of an irritant is that the tailgate has always rattled when it was closed.

Well low and behold I noticed that the rubber bumpers that cushion the closure (and fill in the gaps) were installed from the factory backwards. The way that they were installed, they missed the closure surface by more than a half inch when closed. I took a screw driver and popped them off and spun 'em around the other way and bingo, it closes nice and snug!

My guess is that they finally figured it out at the factory, so it is probably an early production issue. smile.gif

JimWilson
01-26-2004, 12:18
Originally posted by LittleBigRig:
My guess is that they finally figured it out at the factory, so it is probably an early production issue. smile.gif Or, a lazy worker issue... :mad:

DmaxMaverick
01-26-2004, 14:11
I have a 2001 GMC and it came with the tailgate bumpers installed correctly.

My brother's 2002 Chevy came with them installed backwards. The tailgate didn't rattle, but didn't close tight like mine.

Maybe it's supposed to be that way. We may have just discovered the functional difference between the GMC's and Chevy's??? (besides GMC's thicker washers, of course)