PDA

View Full Version : current update question

Brnorm54
05-02-2003, 15:17
Am looking to trade 01 duramax for a new 03,and have found a canidate on a dealers lot. The build date on it is 9/02. Would this truck be "fresh enough" to have most all the current build updates that are available? Or should I keep looking for a fresher one?

GMC-2002-Dmax
05-02-2003, 19:15
Brnorm54,

I would not worry about updates, you can always ask the dealer for them as a condition of the sale. I would be wondering why it's been sitting on the lot since mid September of 2002 :confused: :confused: .

I would be asking myself why is it still there.

I do not see them hanging around up here in CT at dealers I pass reguarly for more than 2 months.

Good Luck on your search.

GMC ;)

dmaxalliTech
05-02-2003, 20:10
Br, I purchased my truck late August 02, its an 03 model. It was built first of August. I woulndt worry about build dates.

dmaxalliTech
05-02-2003, 20:18
BR, email me before you buy, I have a few Q's

Minn-kota
05-02-2003, 21:13
I picked up my '03 a few weeks ago and noticed the July '02 build date on the door. I guess I'm not too worried about it.

I too wondered why it hadn't sold, but there are quite a few Duramax equipped trucks on the lots right now in this area from what I found while doing my search. This particular truck was traded from one dealer to another at one point, so it didn't show up on gmbuypower.com. It also won't show up on vehicle locate searches by other dealers so that's my guess as to why it stayed around so long. Plus it was a dealer in the cities so I'm not sure what the market for 3/4 ton diesels is there. Probably not like the rural areas.

I also was curious as to any big updates throughout the 2003 model year that maybe I should know about?? If I would have noticed it being an "old" '03 earlier I would have had the dealer do any updates/computer flashes that it may need before I picked it up.