PDA

View Full Version : Full Time DRL's

Rebel_Horseman
01-29-2003, 15:47
I've got a buddy with an Avalanche and he sent me an e-mail today with instructions on how to take control of your DRL's fro about $5.00. Furthermore, there is a way to get the DRL's to stay on at night. All that is needed is these directions and a switch of your choosing. Has anyone out there done such a mod? The instructions can be found at

www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com

Once you get there you can go to the forums and under the accessories you will find the post about this.

Reb [><]

Rebel_Horseman
01-31-2003, 08:23
Gentlemen, I did the mod I metioned above last night. It took me all of 30 mintues and now my DRL's stay on all the time. I replaced the factory white bulbs with amber and I must say it looks much nicer at night. I like it.

Reb [><]

GMC D-Max
01-31-2003, 08:29
Some of us don't like DRL's and simply pull the fuse on them. Besides, better than half of the GM rigs I see running around have one of the DRL's burnt out, usually on the driver's side. Just coincidence? Or one of those engineering anomalies?

Rebel_Horseman
01-31-2003, 10:15
I'm hoping to install a switch in this system like was described on the other forum. That would give full control over the lights. But's that's a project fro another day.

Reb [><]

hoot
01-31-2003, 10:22
The original white bulbs were the wrong type of bulb mistakingly installed by GM. Those bulbs were not designed to be on for extended times.

That's why the amber ones hold up.

wakely
01-31-2003, 11:47
Rebel_Horseman:
What number bulb did you use for amber DRL's?

Rebel_Horseman
01-31-2003, 12:45
Napa 3157. I think you add an "A" to the end for amber. The book calls for a 4157X but Napa has no such monster and can't get them, but the 3157's work perfectly. They are very dark amber almost orange when illuminated. They look very good at night with the parking lights and cab lights on too.

Reb [><]