PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO!! I AM OFFICIAL!!!!

Randee of the Redwoods
12-24-2003, 10:15
After weeks and weeks of waiting, making minor adjustments and minor maintainance repairs; after crossing a landscape filled with numerous unanswerable questions and "What if's..??" and mostly dotted with my laziness, the verdict is finally it: the Ebay truck has passed Virginia state inspection!! I'm so happy!
I was worried about the ball joints and tie rod ends as I had some funny feelings from the front end, but it's all good now. The Bill Heath exhaust I cobbled into place was not even questioned. The shop that replaced the pitman arm did the inspection, and didn't say anything about the light play in the steering gear(haven't adjusted it yet). The Texas truck now has a new home: Virginia. It just started shedding paint, though. Think that just may be the summer coat coming off now that it's in a colder climate?
If everthing goes as planned(yea right) the day after Christmas, I'll be even happier.

a5150nut
12-24-2003, 10:40
Well congadulations!!!! Just think, now you have one more item for personal property tax.......
Check this link for all past sevice/repair orders
from the factory.

http://www.e-toolbox.com/ads/

Where about are you from Dead Fred? (Fredericksburg) I have inlaws there, Spotsillvainia, and Stafford.

Ya think your truck will grow a new coat come spring? Maybe just a fresh layer of moss....

DmaxMaverick
12-24-2003, 10:48
Randee

Congrat's on the pass.

You may be even luckier yet. I'm not sure on the actual models effected, but there was a recall on inferior paint jobs. It was 80's to mid 90's I think. You may get some new paint for Christmas. I had a 1988 redone and have heard of countless others.

Check it out.

n3qik
12-24-2003, 19:18
GM to repaint a truck is a long battle. If there is any bodywork or other paint work done to your truck, GM will not even look at it.

Randee of the Redwoods
12-25-2003, 15:41
All is really not well right now, read my other post.
I'm about an hour north of Fredricksburg on a good day(if there is one). Some of the guys in my crew live down there. I'm in Alexandria, right near Springfield Mall.