PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust installed-WOW

Cobra One
01-27-2003, 20:44
I am one happy camper! After shopping around for an aftermarket exhaust and reading what you all had to say, I was set on the Banks system when I saw a 4" T304 stainless system on Ebay. I know I know, so please don't say anything. Turns out the system was sold by Turbo-Tek of Tennesse, makers of the Turbo Brake.
This exhaust from the down pipe clamp back, is 4" with a 6" muffler and ends in a 5" polished rolled tip. The system went in with no problems, using all the oem hanger mounts. It comes with all the tubes for all DMax, long or short. For my LB C/C, I used all the parts. It also comes with all hangers and clamps. Everything but the clamps is T304 stainless.
Performance--inside the cab there is slightly more noise then before. You don't have to raise you voice to be heard. So far my wife who hates loud exhaust has not even noticed. Outside it is louder, but not a lot at idle, less tinny and deeper. Step on the gas and it's another story. Sounds deep, throaty, like a well tuned 454 gasser! I love driving thru town and hearing it echo of the buildings! I won't talk about horsepower/torque since we all know thats hard to prove, BUT--turbo lag is another story. Before when I hit the gas and felt the truck speed up and then the turbo kicks in. Now I hit the gas and speed up and the turbo is right there with the gas from the getgo. No more lag time. EGTs?- are down, empty they are about 80 deg lower.
All in all I am very happy. Cost? About $795 + S&H for the T304 and about half that for aluminized. Dealers name is Mark Craig @ 615-347-0260. Great to deal with. I can email photos if interested.

John

Kent Tuttle
01-28-2003, 08:46
John,

I have to agree with you on adding an exhaust system to one of these trucks WOW!! I finish installing one JK's systems over the weekend and what a difference. I'm having the all the same results you mentioned, egt down, faster turbo spool, and great sound. Fun to drive with the rear window down next to buildings :D