PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

yak ears
01-27-2003, 11:23
I need some help. Asked my GMC dealer about installing the fifth gear lock out switch for my Allison, All I got was a blank look, They said they have not been notified about this and please let them know what I find out :confused: I live in So. California about 20 miles from Pasadena, Any good dealers around that can help me, I also talked with Allison they said it could be done but this would be there first and to please let them know if GMC has a kit for it. :mad: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mackin
01-27-2003, 17:56
Ok Yak Ears

Here ya go =>http://service.gm.com/techlink/html_en/

Then =>Click on Monthly Articles.....

Then => 2002 should show up Click on July......

Then => Scroll down to Tech Tips....

Then => Click on Allision Shift Busy'ness..... You will need Acrobat reader to view.....
Once it loads you'll find it.....
;)

My dealer ,ready? Told me to drop it DOWN a gear...HUH??? I said then I will be in third!!!!! Big pause......I explained it was FACTORY installed in 03's in conjunction with T/H mode....Again big pause.....They then said stop in any day we will take a look at it .....

OK ......Sure .....

Long story short I only discussed with them because I knew that SOME TCM recalibration would be necessary for the OD lock out to work.....I found a different source to get this done so I won't have to appear there....

So good luck ....

MAC :D :D :D

[ 01-27-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

yak ears
01-28-2003, 10:47
Thanks for info, Really a great help! The info I find on this site is great. It keeps a non-motor head (And I mean that with great respect) like me more informed and better able to make what I hope are good decisions, It is scary to realize your dealer is not as well informed as are the people who contribute to this site. Thanks again.

Mike :D