PDA

View Full Version : Defroster settings---->>>console vents have air flow???

GMC-2002-Dmax
01-26-2003, 09:15
Hey everyone,

I need a favor :D

If youR 01 or 02 has the factory console and bucket seats and manual heater/ac controls I need you to put your defroster on full and fan on high.

Let me know if you have air blowing out of the two console vents for rear seat passengers.

I had my truck in the Stealer the other day for routine maintenance and had it checked. They have no TSB or Bulletins on this problem.

They said they checked a used 2000 on the lot and another 2002 that was also in for routine maintenance and both trucks supposedly worked the same way.

There recommendation was to manually close off the rear console vents when using the defroster to increase the air flow to the windshield. :(

This does not seem right to me, am I getting a line of b*llsh*t??? :confused:

Let me know,

THANKS,

GMC :D ;)

[ 01-26-2003: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

mackin
01-26-2003, 10:26
Nope theyy are telling you straight.....My rear console vents blow in every setting,defrost ,floor,vent,ect. .....

MAC

RichBailey
01-26-2003, 15:58
When I first got my crewcab I found that the defroster was very weak. So I shut off all of the dash vents and that helped. But I heard air noise coming from the back of the console. I closed those two vents, and defroster now works like a champ. Lousy design. Thanks GM.

SteveO
01-26-2003, 18:07
GMC-2002-Dmax,

Yep, mine does it too..

Shut the rear vents off and it's like night and day smile.gif

GMC-2002-Dmax
01-27-2003, 09:14

GMC ;)