PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Problems

FirstDiesel
01-25-2003, 20:07
Based on a thread here and some research of my own I decided to try using Eiko Super White bulbs.
I bought 80w lows and 100w highs. I have a Kennedy harness.

I've had the truck since May of last year and have never burned out a stock bulb. To date I have purcahsed 6 of these bulbs and burnt out 4. So currently, once again, I have a stock bulb in among the 3 Eiko's.

These bulbs are failing in different manners. I have had 2 filament failures, 1 bulb measures open but you can't see a filament failure and 1 bulb went black inside.

They vendor is sending me some repalcements but I think he's only sending 2 bulbs as that was what I was short when I spoke to him.

When they work the light is wonderful but I have had one fail within 2 minutes of install. Of course the vendor is making claims of voltage spikes etc. which is BS. These bulbs stink.

Don't buy any.

Kennedy
01-25-2003, 20:44
I tried Hella bulbs and had the same problems. Back to Phillips, and no more failures.

The only problem is, the Phillips Rally bulbs are being discontinued. This will leave us with Phillips Premium (std wattage) bulbs once the supply of Rallys are exhausted...

FirstDiesel
01-26-2003, 09:38
I'm wondering if it has to do with the bulb model?? I've had 80/100 Hella H4's in my sportscar for years. Blew 1 bulb after about 5 years of use.