PDA

View Full Version : Cab Smell

Ranger354
04-26-2003, 19:15
Got in my truck yesterday and noticed a sour smell when I turned the A/C to recycled air. Could this me the in-cab filter? Anyone have some pics that I can look at to help with panel removal and cleaning? If this ain't it you got any other suggestions?

PS. Yes I HAD taken a bath that day. :eek:

pinehill
04-26-2003, 19:32
Someone did post a link to access panel photos a while back. Do a search on "cabin air filter". If changing out the filters does not help, use a small air compressor (like a tire inflator) to blow into the outlet of the drain hose beneath the truck. If you then get a flow of water out, you may need to clean out the water catch pan under the A/C condenser.

And one last thing: Don't completely remove the third screw on the access panel, the one by the tranny hump. Just loosen it a bit so that you can remove the 2 filters. If you remove that screw, you may never get it back in place.

[ 04-26-2003: Message edited by: pinehill ]

[ 04-26-2003: Message edited by: pinehill ]</p>

TBC
04-26-2003, 19:36
Add bleach to the air inlet intake in front of the windshield and washing it through with water after giving it a few minutes to soak will get rid of it. The smell usually comes from decaying leaves, dirt, etc that gets in there and clogs things up.

Tom

Ranger354
04-26-2003, 19:59
I will look for the air filter panel removal post. I have done the bleach thing in the home a/c and thought about doing it to the truck also. With only 25,000 on my truck it gets more off-road use then normal, so the dirt and leaves are probably stacked in the intake.