PDA

View Full Version : Drafty Cab Normal?

odoh
08-22-2002, 14:39
I've notice that I can't completely stop air from coming into the cab. I place the control in recirculating w/fan off (not wishing to use the A/C), a breeze is still moving thru the vents etc. Of course w/the control in fresh, there is airflow. I thot that recirc would isolate the inside from outside 'stuff', like skunk smells etc. Has anyone else had the same experience? Is it normal? ~ what happens in the winter? ~ odoh

Jackmchome
08-22-2002, 16:34
Fresh air replacement is normal and built into the trucks system. In the everything off position you still get air exchange. The heater temp knob does still work if the air is too cool.

FirstDiesel
08-22-2002, 17:44
Cars and trucks have been like that for years. It's consdiered a safety thing. Supposed to keep positive pressure in the vehicle in case you have a leaky exhaust.

[ 08-22-2002: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]</p>

TBC
08-22-2002, 20:37
In the winter set the temp switch to a warmer position. The air flow will not stop. It is a full flow through system. I have not looked at my 01 to see where it flows thru but the earlier vehicles the air flowed out the back edge of the door. It enters the doors around the door handles and sometimes a vent at the bottom edge of the door panel. It is a safety item so I would not tamper with it.

odoh
08-22-2002, 21:16
There is a vent in between cab & bed on both sides. One can see the rubber vanes surrounding the exit ports. ~ odoh

gardnerteam
08-23-2002, 10:20
My 2002 CC leaked air into the cab on the passenger side as have all my CC since 93. Complained to the dealer in April after reading a post on the diesel page about it. Dealer found a bulletin on it, ordered a part, and repaired it. No leak now. Works great.

odoh
08-23-2002, 14:23
Gardnerteam ~ Just the passenger side? How could you tell if free-flow is the norm?

I have airflow in recirc w/fan off to whichever the control is set ~ defrost, heater or any combo w/o fan. I too recall the thread ~ like you say, it addressed just the passenger side. I'm getting airflow everywhere ~ was hoping someone could clarify. ~ odoh

[ 08-24-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>