PDA

View Full Version : Tow hooks

maxdout
09-06-2005, 20:04
Where can I find a set of tow hooks for my '02 2500HD? For some reason, the DA, and that's not district attorney, that owned the truck before me, decided to take them off. I don't want anything fancy, just the factory, black tow hooks. Any leads on where to find them?

Thanks,

Maxdout

DmaxMaverick
09-06-2005, 20:14
http://gmpartsdirect.com/

Left tow hook part #: 15020940
Right tow hook part #: 15020941

$20.32 each.

Topic moved to the Trucks & Drivetrain Forum

Mark Craig
09-07-2005, 11:00
maxdout,

We carry triple chrome plated ones, but you need to have cores or pay for the cores. They look great.

Mark @ DPPI

maxdout
09-07-2005, 14:21
DmaxMaverick, Thanks for the help. I'll be ordering those in a day or two.

Mark, Thanks for the info. I don't want the chrome ones. Just need something to get me out of a jam if need be. Although, I have to say, so far I've been very impressed with my truck off road. Better than any other diesel-powered 3/4 ton I've ever driven, by far.

Thanks guys,

Maxdout

LJ
09-07-2005, 17:05
Maxdout,

Funny about those hooks. My uncle (drives a ford) said he thought those things on the front of my Chevy were for him to pull me out with...

However, last deer season the tables were turned. We own several hundred acres, with a rock-base (dirt) road for access. He parked up into the entrance of a timber access road, and when he tried to back up, the rear end slid sideways, and his RR tire slid into a ditch. That caused his trailer hitch to dig into the roadbed, and there he hung- like a bug on the end of a toothpick.

He was really worried- but I pulled down facing him on the road, hooked my tow strap from his hitchball to my front-end hook, and backed up. I slid him sideways back into the road.

He said the Chevy had made a believer out of him.

LJ

FJ40INTOW
09-07-2005, 18:18
One of our wheeling buddie sunk his Big Diesel Ford in the mud. I pulled up to him in my 81 Toyota mini and he said there was no way...
Hooked a strap to him and he put the hammer down...ARB's front and rear make a difference!
Made a believe in him!

Brunoboy
09-08-2005, 08:56
I bought mine on ebay a couple years ago and noticed there are some for sale at the moment (item 7998741830 is one example). Just be sure sure you know what you need and get the right hardware.