PDA

View Full Version : Allsion Leak

hogbody
09-05-2005, 14:50
Did a routine inspection under the truck today and discovered that the tranny was leaking. It is wet from the cross member back along the drivers side of the truck. It is tranny fluid and the transfer case is wet also. We just got back from a 1100 mile trip pulling 10,000lb. trailer. No overheating of tranny or truck and no shift problems.

It was down about 1/2 qt. at the hot fill. Shifts ok.

The area of Linkage and several plug ins on the drivers side is very wet. The pan and external filter is dry. The cross member is wet and had a lot of road crud stuck in it.....

Any ideas's.....

It is a 2003 with 26000 miles.

Larry

Jake99Z71
09-05-2005, 15:25
Sounds like it might have been over filled. Since you just towed the trans may have gotten warmer than when you had checked the fill level. At the rear of the trans on the top is a vent. I would just clean it up and watch it. But doubt you will have any problems. This is a common thing to have happen when over filled.

chipper
09-05-2005, 17:59
My local D/Max tech told me to leave it a quart low on the stick when temp gauge is 160.
I had exactly the same problem, but ok now.

madmatt
09-09-2005, 05:37
theres also a new vented dipstick available from GM thet helps to cure this as well.