PDA

View Full Version : Drip......Drip.......puddle

403turbo
08-19-2003, 08:22
Well all, this seems to be a disturbing trend lately.

I ordered an AFE Stage II from Kennedy(awesome customer service, very happy) got it all installed and took my whistling monster for a test drive, a few runs on a flat road in Juice level 4. No brake stands, no burn outs, just a fast run to 80mph or so.

I get back to the house with an acute case of permagrin only to find oil dripping off the underside of my truck :eek: :mad: :mad:

Sure enough I now have a custom Dextron III undercoat! Oil dripping out of bell housing around the weep hole in the center.

Truck still runs fine but in the last 3 days it has lost 3/4 quart of tranny fluid. Not a serious leak but a leak none the same. :mad:

Called dealer, they don't want it for a week because they know that need to pull it and want to have enough time. The service rep said he would have to check the policy and see if GM is letting tech's work on tranny problems or if they just swap for a reman.

My question, the truck has almost 60K on it, no extended warranty. Service rep and I are both thinking pump seal, if GM wants the tranny back for a tear down do I have to pay for a $3000 reman when all I need is a $400 pump seal?

That would not be cool at all. I have also heard about torque converter problems from the factory, and that dealerships can do "goodwill" warranty work up to 60,000 miles.

Mounting bolts not torqued correctly? This tranny doesn't get driven hard on a regular basis, it is my baby and I am a PM freak.

Looks like the plight of the 01 owners continues.

dmaxalliTech
08-19-2003, 09:52
When shall I expect to see you??

403turbo
08-19-2003, 10:17
dmaxalliTech

:D :D :D

Grand Rapids huh? I need to ask a few more questions to the service rep at my local shop. I could use a good road trip though. Its only 450 miles or so.... :eek:

What do you think my chances are of just paying for a pump seal? I have no problem with that, I just don't want to pay for GM's field testing thats all.

dmaxalliTech
08-19-2003, 15:54
I would be curious as to why the pump seal is leaking, most likely, its from the convertor bolts coming loose and the convertor is not running true, in which case it prolly took out the bushing also. Also possible its coming from the bolts that that hold front and center module togather. Its a known leak area.... 450 miles is only a couple hour drive for the satisfaction of a job well done :D :D

MadDuraMax
08-19-2003, 16:53
Eric,

Sounds like we're getting set up for clinics at the GTG, now if we can just get JK to do a gauge install for me.... :D :D

Just kidding, Mark

dmaxalliTech
08-19-2003, 19:11
Mark, good news. We install all power adders you can buy, including gauges, ats kits, anything buddy. You never knew how close you were to a Duramax Performance Center.. Lets see the 'Good' dealer do that for you :D We can set up a time to install your gauges when you come...

tophog
08-19-2003, 19:38
Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
Mark, good news. We install all power adders you can buy, including gauges, ats kits, anything buddy. You never knew how close you were to a Duramax Performance Center.. Lets see the 'Good' dealer do that for you :D We can set up a time to install your gauges when you come... dmaxalliTech,

How many miles is it from Salem, Oregon to your shop? smile.gif We need more good people like you in my neck of the woods. Anyone know what UPS would charge to ship my truck to dmaxalliTech? smile.gif