PDA

View Full Version : Just throw it in the box it's a CHEV

Turbo Al
08-28-2005, 08:41
Not recommended for Children
Well I can honestly say this truck is a whole lot better than I expected -- and I do expect a lot most days.
Redoing my roof, went to the roof supply yard and picked up the needed stuff, almost as an afterthought I asked the weight of the skid --4,500 lbs -- being lazy (didn't want to hand bomb half the skid into truck) :rolleyes: and the cheapest guy on the West coast I thought I would give it a try. Thought I would just take it easy and slow. The bumper stop on the rear leafs were at least one inch from the axle. Although you could tell there was some weight there it really didn't effect the way the truck drove or handled pretty much drove normally and had no problems at all.

Al

trbankii
08-28-2005, 08:52
Sounds like much better results than the Explorer Sport Track I saw the other day at Home Depot. He had it loaded down so that the rear fenders were about half an inch from the wheels. I pointed this out to him as I was returning my cart. He just gave me a dirty look. Ten minutes later he was passing me on the highway doing about 15 mph over the limit...

Turbo Al
08-28-2005, 09:04
Yea, I kinda figured I would look like one of those idiots with my back bumper dragging on the ground (even though I am an idiot for overloading it) the truck looked a little down in the back but not so bad that I felt I had to take weight out of it.
al