PDA

View Full Version : Who sells A pillar for guages

thechevyhdman
08-18-2002, 10:12
Looking through the autometer site I see that they sell pillar pods but they really dont look to clean (not like factory at least) Plus they need to be painted. Does anyone know of a company that sells a clean looking factory color 2 1/16 or whatever size pod? thanks in advance

csimo
08-18-2002, 10:22
Diesel Injection Service (www.dieselpage.com) sells the "A" pillar gauge pods that are either carbon fiber or wood grain.

I bought the unpainted one and took it to a local body shop. They painted it to match my interior color. Can't tell the color from stock, but the grain of the plastic is slightly different if you loook very closely.

I also purcased the ISSPRO gauges. I like the look of them, but I don't recommend their Pyrometer. They have a very high pitched squeal in them that is very annoying. I've replaced the original with one ISSPRO said was "new and improved" but it squeals too.

RVGuy
08-18-2002, 15:37
Diesel Injector Service are out of pods for the GM trucks and are suppose to get some in on Friday of next week. These are full length pods by the way. I know this as I was discussing this with Bryant at the DIS here in Dallas just this past Friday.

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-18-2002, 18:28
thechevyhdman,

Hey neighbor,

Take a ride to Brookfield and visit the speed shop I bought my gauges and pod from( Cruisers ). The gauges are in stock and the pod was autometer, next day I had it.

If you have a graphite interior I have a 16 oz. can of vinyl paint or dye - whatever - in a spray can. Levine Auto mixed it for $21.00.

You are welcome to check out my install or click on my SIG PICS. just uploaded a bunch of new ones.

Let me know, I can even let you use the paint, ya don't need much!!!

GMC ;)

PEANUTGRWR
08-18-2002, 22:21
HANDYMAN, I HAVE A USED PILLAR POD AND GUAGES I AM WANTING TO SELL. THE GUAGES ARE AUTOMETER AND THE POD IS UNPAINTED. IF YOU HAVE GRAPHITE INERIOR THERE IS NO NEED TO PAINT ITS THE SAME COLOR AS A GRAPHITE PILLAR COVER. IF INTERESTED EMAIL ME AT PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM

thechevyhdman
08-18-2002, 23:14
I will check with Cruisers tommorrow actually have to talk to them about helping to sponsor our norteast diesel meetup. I went to truckperformance.com and got prices but I dont know if I need a thermocouple or something that it says. Actually would you be interesting in putting them in for me? Ill pay ya good. Just running the Juice with no guages worrys me a bit in case my engine is slowly melting down on me.Im here in Newtown a stones throw and then some away. Shoot me an email if ya would Gmanjr96@aol.com. George Washington Carver AKA Peanut grower you have mail.

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-21-2002, 07:24
thechevyhdman

YOU GOT MAIL!!!!

GMC ;)