PDA

View Full Version : A/C Cycles In and Out of Rec Mode

glclary
08-15-2003, 21:26
I noticed lately that my A/C goes in and out of REC mode when its supposed be delivering only fresh air. When its in Rec mode, it stays that way. I suspect a loose connection somewhere because it seems like it changes whenever I hit a bump.

Anybody seen this before or got any ideas? The truck has 40K on it so I had rather not go to the dealer if its something I can fix.

Thanks,

Lee

jbplock
08-16-2003, 08:05
I have been noticing something similar on my 03. I just had the A/C fixed by the dealer because it didn't cool well when temps were in the mid 80's and above (see 03 Weak AC Solution (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005185)). I've noticed that the Re-circulate will sometimes come on by itself when I first start the truck and it's been sitting in the sun. After the cab starts to cool down, the re-circulate will go off. If I push the re-circulate button it stays on as you would expect. I'm not sure if it was doing this before the repair or not. I'm going to monitor this more closely to see if I can discern a pattern. smile.gif

glclary
08-16-2003, 09:38
Thanks Bill.

It seems to be cooling okay. (only a couple of days above 90 so far)

I guess it sounds stupid but I am not positive that its not been going in and out of REC all along. I wrecked it a while back and have really been looking for something wrong since I got it back from the body shop.

Let me know what you think.

thanks,

Lee