PDA

View Full Version : cruise control wierdness

Lug
03-31-2004, 10:39
94 K2500 when cruise set at 65 mph and going on a long downhill the rpm drops from 2100 to idle and then back up to 2100 rpm several times. No wierdness while on flat, climbing or short downhills. It seems that the computer is cutting the fuel to idle to control the speed. Is this normal?
Justin

JoeyD
03-31-2004, 13:03
My truck seems to keep the converter locked while in cruise. Running down grade with the cruise on it will slow down much better then if the cruise was off and you took your foot of the go pedal.
When towing down grades I will have the cruise set and then hold the lever towards coast and it helps it maintain speed instead of building more speed

JohnC
04-01-2004, 15:21
This is normal operation when you are in OD. there is an overrunning clutch and when the truck exceeeds the set speed the throttle backs off until the cluthc releases, then down to idle.

Lug
04-02-2004, 08:12
That was what I suspected, but wanted to double check. I am not a big fan of new computerized vehicles, and really dislike old computerized vehicles. So everytime the 'burb does something slightly odd I envision some expensive collection of $0.25 Radio Shack chips releasing all their smoke.
Justin