PDA

View Full Version : How do i shut off the loud door bell dinger ???

dayson68
08-14-2003, 09:41
Have an 03 D/A and the door bell dinger when the door is open is extremely loud as im sure those of you that have one know. Does anybody know how to turn it off, not just down, but off completely ??

conradv
08-14-2003, 10:13
Nope.

Complain to your dealer about the volume - if enough of us complain maybe they'll do something about it. (yeah, right...)

Wayne Dohnal
08-14-2003, 10:44
The chime is generated by the radio, so there's no easy way to cut it off. Beleive it or not, there's a setting on the radio where you can make it even louder!

SoCalDMAX
08-14-2003, 12:17
Close the door? Is this a trick question? Do I win something? :D

Regards, Steve

SS396
08-14-2003, 14:00
I assume you have a key in the switch with the door open, just pull the key out a 1/4 inch.

This question can't be this easy, can it? :D

dayson68
08-14-2003, 16:53
Closing the door ?? Dang never occured to me on that one........ LOL. Actually was looking for a way to totally disable the chime all together even with the key in the ignition.

56Nomad
08-14-2003, 17:20
How to do it with pictures and all........

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=002336

conradv
08-15-2003, 01:06
WRONG.

2001-2002 truck's wiring is different than 2003.

It's easy to "close the door" or "disconnect the wiring at the door" or "tape 'em up", but you loose the interior lights and the DIC doesn't know when a rear door is open if you have a "lively" 4 year old.

And you can't have the radio on and the key in ACC with the front doors open - the tone is something else. Yes, I can open the rear doors of my crew cab with my front doors closed and the tone doesn't sound, but GEEZ! I shouldn't have to put up with this #$@* in a $40,000 truck!

%#$*$ %$#%$ #$&!#%^$%!!!

JMPDMax
08-15-2003, 10:09
Since the tone generator is part of the OEM radio, why not just replace the unit with a (better) aftermarket one. I think the manual says that if you replace the radio, you loose the chimes.....

Later

-JP (Re-newbie)

Camstyn
08-15-2003, 14:26
If you want to listen to the stereo with the front doors open, no problem, take a pen or something similarly shaped and use it to flip the door latch closed. The chime will stop. Make sure you pull the door handle to open the latch again before you try to close the door or it will just slam and bounce back.

Originally posted by conradv:
WRONG.

2001-2002 truck's wiring is different than 2003.

It's easy to "close the door" or "disconnect the wiring at the door" or "tape 'em up", but you loose the interior lights and the DIC doesn't know when a rear door is open if you have a "lively" 4 year old.

And you can't have the radio on and the key in ACC with the front doors open - the tone is something else. Yes, I can open the rear doors of my crew cab with my front doors closed and the tone doesn't sound, but GEEZ! I shouldn't have to put up with this #$@* in a $40,000 truck!

%#$*$ %$#%$ #$&!#%^$%!!!