PDA

View Full Version : Bilsteins stock?

redrider#1
08-23-2005, 04:43
A local shock dealer is telling me that Bilstein shocks are OEM on my truck, and that he has much better shocks he can put on it. Is this true? If Bilsteins are OEM, are they the same model shocks we can buy from the vendors here? I don't think I believe this guy, but wanted to check with those who have had them installed here first.

Black95TD
08-23-2005, 16:04
Redrider,

I just put Bilsteins on my new 2005HD 4 WD. They were NOT the same shock. Slightly different in appearance and detail and quite a big difference in ride. Bils are much more controlled over bumps. They give a more firm ride but none of that bounce over rolling bumps. 1.5 K on my truck when I changed and its worth the money in my book. On my 95, the factory shocks lasted about 30K at which time they gave new meaning to the word "leap" over certain bumps. The Bils are guarenteed for life too.

My .02

redrider#1
08-23-2005, 16:27
Ok, so I think I will go with the Bilsteins. Now, I just cranked my T-bars up 4 turns to raise the front by about 1 inch. Do I need to get the extended Bilsteins, or is 1 inch not enough to make a difference?

Kennedy
08-23-2005, 17:25
The std Bilsteins will be plenty long enough and no they are not OEM. Monroe probably makes the OE units, just a guess based on the quality...

PDOUGLAS
08-27-2005, 21:45
Put a set from kennedy on my 04.5 2500 there preformance wis great and John will give you the bet deal