PDA

View Full Version : HELP !! Wheel hop is killing me

BowTieDmax
08-12-2003, 21:53
Has anyone had any luck blocking the rear suspension and not hopping at the pulls????? I've tried spring clamps that pretty much clamp the entire spring. (this did take out all hop without the blocks). And even added another block about a foot forward of the center of the spring along with the current one in the center of the spring.
I am probably going to make some ladder bars for it before this weekends pulls if I cant fiqure something else out. This has to be cured because your just not going to get all the distance needed using rear suspension. Any help would be great!! Thanks Paul :confused:

mtomac
08-12-2003, 22:54
do your spring clamps clamp the overloads with the rest of the main spring pack?

heartbeatcanada
08-13-2003, 05:05
I've got timbrens in place of my rear stoppers. Timbrens if you don't know are hollow rubber blocks that compress when the suspension starts to lower. I have pulled 3 times with them in and my truck has not bounced or hopped once. By looking at my video after, my truck does not sag like it did before these were put in at the pulls, in fact it probably is pretty close to looking like a dually pulling the sled.(they don't seem sag very much at all) I was worried that being rubber i might encounter some bounce, but haven't had the faintest start of a hop at all. The only downfall is they ride a little rough with no load in the back, but only take 15mins to swap the oem stops back in.(i take them out when going with the family for a long drive, otherwise i've got tools and material in the back most of the time)Hope this helps.Later Jeremy smile.gif

mtomac
08-13-2003, 06:44
if your doing more pulling and not towing a trailer you can just leave the factory rubber stops right out. Mine have been out for a little while now. Even with 1500# in the bed I haven't bottomed out. That way you wouldn't have to put them back in then take them out the next time you put the timbrens in.

BowTieDmax
08-13-2003, 06:52
Yes my clamps do grab the overloads it it pulls all the springs together.
I quess I am still stumped on way I hop. Because the timbrens seem to be a "softer" version of blocks.
My rubber stops have been removed for my airbags. And without using the blocks I run no more then 25 :confused: lbs in the bags and it pulls great but it will start to sag at the end.