PDA

View Full Version : owners manuals and repair manuals

skark_burmer
08-22-2005, 06:44
I just bought a '05 2500 HD Dmax/Allison and it was missing all of the owners manuals.
when i took delivery of it i told the sales guy and he produced a plain jane owners manual for the 2500 series truck and said that was it. As i read through the manual it says "refer to the Duramax suppliment..." and when i questioned him he said that there was noting else that should be supplied. There is nothing in this manual about oil or fuel systems for the engine or trans and i dont think that can be correct.

I find this hard to believe, can you guys shed some light on this. Maybe even some part numbers i can slap him with?

Also, does GM have a factory (repair) manual set for this truck, engine, trans combo? If so, is it worth it and how many $$$ are we talking?

thanks

jackrabbit
08-22-2005, 07:18
Yes, there is a diesel supplement that comes with the truck and it should have been included. You can get it for $10 at www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com) along with the full set of manuals that you are asking about for $185. As a side note, you should also have gotten a Warranty and Owner Assitance Information supplement as well.

Also, I noticed that you are saying that your window sticker is showing a 4.1 to 1 ratio for your truck in another thread. The diesel only comes with a 3.73 to 1.

skark_burmer
08-22-2005, 08:09
yeah the sticker says 4.10. How would i measure it? One rotation of the tire equals 4.1 (or 3.73)turns of the driveshaft?

jbplock
08-22-2005, 13:57
Originally posted by skark_burmer:
... As i read through the manual it says "refer to the Duramax supplement..." and when i questioned him he said that there was noting else that should be supplied.

Also, does GM have a factory (repair) manual set for this truck, engine, trans combo?skark_burmer,

You can download copies of your owner's manual and diesel supplement manual in pdf format from the following link.

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home

After registering click on the [help] tab, then [site map] button. You should then see selections for the manuals under the glove box heading.

We used to have direct link to a list of all the user manuals from 93 and up but it no longer works - this old link now redirects to the one above.

Also, Dittos to Jackrabbit's Helms manual recommendation. You might also find Helms manuals on Ebay. I recently bought a set on ebay for my 04 impala for half the price helms charges.

smile.gif